Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your 'e037' is probably the one you're interested in as it is mapped to trackpad on/off. You want to map it first to an unused scan code, so that it no longer passes through that code. You've picked on of the more difficult keys to map because the scan code is handled internally before being converted to an ADB code, such that mapping it direct to an ADB code won't work. But let's say you wanted to map it to F13.

So first pick a scan code that is not used... on the github repo, you can use ApplePS2ToADBMap.h as a clue. Looks like there's a lot of them... let's just pick 'e07f'... so in your Custom PS2 Map you want to have an entry:

e037=e07f

Now when a key generates 'e037', it will be mapped to 'e07f', so now you need an entry that will generate Apple's idea of F13 from the 'e07f' scan code. Again the ApplePS2ToADBMap.h comes in handy, because if you search it for 'F13', you discover that the ADB code for F13 is '69'. So now you need an entry in Custom ADB Map:

e07f=69

Now your key generates F13 (or should) and you can assign it however you like in Keyboard Prefs.
You my God! Your solution works for me.
I just added to plist this rarity
Code:
key>Custom ADB Map</key>
   <array>
    <string>;Items must be strings in the form of scanfrom=adbto</string>
     <string>e07f=69</string>
   </array>
   <key>Custom PS2 Map</key>
   <array>
    <string>;Items must be strings in the form of scanfrom=scanto</string>
    <string>e037=e07f</string>
   </array>
You exclaimed something about Trackpad and I checked it as well. But the system.log show me nothing when I pressed to button near Trackpad.
I think it has greater connected with motherboard rather than keyboard.
As it is, I have the wifi-key, but indicator of key doesn't working. But bluetooth-key works perfectly.
Code:
Feb 12 10:26:11 admins-imac kernel[0]: ApplePS2Keyboard: PS/2 scancode 0xe0
Feb 12 10:26:11 admins-imac kernel[0]: ApplePS2Keyboard: PS/2 scancode 0x56
Feb 12 10:26:11 admins-imac kernel[0]: ApplePS2Keyboard: Unknown ADB key for PS2 scancode: 0x56
Feb 12 10:26:12 admins-imac kernel[0]: ApplePS2Keyboard: PS/2 scancode 0xe0
Feb 12 10:26:12 admins-imac kernel[0]: ApplePS2Keyboard: PS/2 scancode 0xd6
Feb 12 10:26:12 admins-imac kernel[0]: ApplePS2Keyboard: Unknown ADB key for PS2 scancode: 0xd6
But I think to have fix it is extremely hard.
I beg you to see this, please. http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...fix-boot-without-batteries-15.html#post549849
Huge thanks for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_20130212_212621.jpg
    IMG_20130212_212621.jpg
    651.1 KB · Views: 135
But I think to have fix it is extremely hard.

Yes, I think so. Your other "buttons/switches" are probably handled as ACPI keys or some other mechanism. I suggest you just ignore them and use the already built-in capability for enabling/disabling the trackpad (keyboard, and double-tap in top left corner).

My trackpad is 0x46 ver 2.0, the led used to work fine on 1.7.5 + double tap to turn off/on. Now with the new version, it doesn't work anymore. I am still able to turn on/off by keyboard.

My trackpad is 0x46 ver 2.0, the led used to work fine on 1.7.5 + double tap to turn off/on. Now with the new version, it doesn't work anymore. I am still able to turn on/off by keyboard.

Check your debug output (run debug version and look for startup output in console system.log for 'ledpresent') to see if the trackpad reports as LED capable. I did fix a bug where the code was looking at the wrong bit for determining if LED is present. Currently you can't override it, but if your trackpad is reporting it has no LED, when it actually does, I can provide an override in the Info.plist, or maybe even a special case for 0x46.

When I put the 4540s to sleep and wake it for the first time everything works correctly, however, when I put it to sleep for a second time and wake up, neither the trackpad nor the keyboard works. I had to close the lid again then wake up in order to make them work.
I'm the only only experiencing this?

where can i downlooad latest voodoops2controller.kext ?

When I put the 4540s to sleep and wake it for the first time everything works correctly, however, when I put it to sleep for a second time and wake up, neither the trackpad nor the keyboard works. I had to close the lid again then wake up in order to make them work.
which kext are you using?

So your third sleep works? (that's what closing the lid does) What about the fourth, fifth, etc...???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back