Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw someone recommending using BetterTouchTool in this topic. I can't get this to work. Is there a way to do that in combination with this VoodooPS2Controller? Or does this require to uninstall the kexts?

QvkDT.png

I saw someone recommending using BetterTouchTool in this topic. I can't get this to work. Is there a way to do that in combination with this VoodooPS2Controller? Or does this require to uninstall the kexts?

View attachment 40650

Probably for some of BTT to work, it expects to see real multitouch events. You can see in your own picture there that it is not detecting a multitouch trackpad (ours is only multitouch internally, to the outside world it looks like a normal trackpad).

Probably for some of BTT to work, it expects to see real multitouch events. You can see in your own picture there that it is not detecting a multitouch trackpad (ours is only multitouch internally, to the outside world it looks like a normal trackpad).

I see. Makes sense.

I have one more unrelated question. I want to bind Print screen to something else then disabling the trackpad. I looked into your tutorial, together with the lists from KeyRemap4Macbook. It's clear to me how it works, but I can't figure out where you bound print screen to the function of disabling the trackpad. With KeyRemap4Macbook I can't change this either (through the "Print screen to F13 button" for example).

I see. Makes sense.

I have one more unrelated question. I want to bind Print screen to something else then disabling the trackpad. I looked into your tutorial, together with the lists from KeyRemap4Macbook. It's clear to me how it works, but I can't figure out where you bound print screen to the function of disabling the trackpad. With KeyRemap4Macbook I can't change this either (through the "Print screen to F13 button" for example).

The print screen key is special-case in the code. It never gets converted to an ADB code -- it is "swallowed up" in the driver to do the trackpad enable/disable. That's why KeyRemap4MacBook never sees it.

You can map it to another PS2 code using Custom PS2 Map. The scan code of printscreen for this purpose is e05f. So map e05f to some other scan code. You can map it to a scan code that is "imaginary" that isn't already used on the actual keyboard, then use the Custom ADB Map to map it to whatever ADB code you want. Or if you want to map it to F13, use the scan code for F13 (64). Then print screen won't enable/disable the trackpad anymore (it is being remapped before the code responsible sees it), and KeyRemap4MacBook will see it as a key, because it will see the ADB code (in the case of F13... 69).

I think you answered my question -- these are keys. That is they are connected to the PS/2 keyboard interface and generate scan codes on the keyboard interrupt.

One thing that may be tripping you up is the default behavior of the function keys is reversed from normal PC keys (more like the Mac). You can get the standard function keys by pressing Fn+fkey, whereas you get media functions (those that might normally be on Fn+) by just pressing the function key standalone. This was implemented in 1.7.2.

But every PC laptop is unique with regard to the Fn+fkeys, so it is likely you're keyboard mappings may need to be adjusted, which is easy to do by editing the keyboard driver's Info.plist as discussed in the wiki.

Thanks for the info, I got the buttons working the way I like and started mapping my keyboard to match the m15x keys.

Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of the trackpad? It seems I need to use extra down pressure to get clicks to register.

Thanks for the info, I got the buttons working the way I like and started mapping my keyboard to match the m15x keys.

Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of the trackpad? It seems I need to use extra down pressure to get clicks to register.

FingerZ in Info.plist for trackpad. Smaller numbers are less pressure.
Current value is 45 which works pretty well with the Probook Synaptics 7.5.

Try 40...35...30...

Awesome 3 finger gestures! But apparently, my keyboard settings are messed up so I need to remap the keys once I figure out a way how to do that.

Swipe up works as Mission Control (awesome)
Although, swipe left and right return in the value
“ and ‘ being typed. :S

FingerZ in Info.plist for trackpad. Smaller numbers are less pressure.
Current value is 45 which works pretty well with the Probook Synaptics 7.5.

Try 40...35...30...

Thanks, This is awesome! 35 is perfect . . .

Does EdgeRight, EdgeLeft, EdgeTop & EdegeBottom increase/decrease the size of trackpad area? I have some dead space that I'd like to get working again and the center of the trackpad is too far left.

It would be great if we have this gesture: 2 finger swipe from outside of the trackpad.

This video also show how different the gestures are treated on a real macbook, the safari page moves as the user do a 2 finger swap on the center

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NboaNbOGKWw

Thanks, This is awesome! 35 is perfect . . .

Does EdgeRight, EdgeLeft, EdgeTop & EdegeBottom increase/decrease the size of trackpad area? I have some dead space that I'd like to get working again and the center of the trackpad is too far left.

EdgeRight and EdgeBottom determine vscroll & hscroll areas. So, they are not dead areas, just areas designated to initiate scrolling. EdgeRight and EdgeTop are only used for circular scroll (I've never tried to enable circular scroll, whatever that is...). Except for circular scroll, there really isn't any dependencies in the code on the concept of 'center'.

You can turn the "edge" scrolling features off with TrackpadHorizScroll and TrackpadScroll. Two finger scroll will still work.

You should probably run the debug version, and examine the output in console to determine how your trackpad is behaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back