Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can use ADB code 70 to toggle video mirroring. So, if you wanted Fn+F4 (or F4 with the fkeys remapped) to toggle mirroring, put this entry in "Custom ADB Map" : e06e=70

Of course it could be any key you want, but that key does have something resembling a display on it...

I think there is still more work to do here. It should work with any setting, but since it doesn't and since the setting you are using there for double click are exactly mine, that is why I didn't notice it might be broken again.

The code in this area is really tricky and making minor changes in one place can have easily a wrong effect somewhere else. If I was to re-write it it would be written much differently... and I may end up doing that if I can't just fix it. It should be written as more of a pure "state machine" -- with clear states that respond the input, perform actions, and move to next state... but it is not that clean.

It's ok, I'm just glad it's working, even in this way. Your work is highly appreciated.

It's ok, I'm just glad it's working, even in this way. Your work is highly appreciated.

It is already working better... on my laptop. But, of course, as soon as I put it out, you guys will find something :)

You can use ADB code 70 to toggle video mirroring. So, if you wanted Fn+F4 (or F4 with the fkeys remapped) to toggle mirroring, put this entry in "Custom ADB Map" : e06e=70

Of course it could be any key you want, but that key does have something resembling a display on it...

Can you tell me where I can find the table of all these event (ADB) codes and the table of all keycodes for our keyboard too? Or I should scan them with some program?

Can you tell me where I can find the table of all these event (ADB) codes and the table of all keycodes for our keyboard too? Or I should scan them with some program?
ApplePS2Keyboard source code for example

There is a keymap in VoodooPS2Keyboard.cpp. Go here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Vo...aster/VoodooPS2Keyboard/VoodooPS2Keyboard.cpp

Then search for defaultKeymapOfLength. You will see an unparsed keymap that we are using. I would think something like this would normally live in a file loaded by the keyboard driver. If you look toward the bottom, you'll see that the 0x70 keycode is a virtual adb code created by assigning that code to a 'special function' that lives in ev_keymap.h (part of os x sdk).

It is easier to view the source in xcode, because you can use right-click "Jump to Definition" to find out where macros live and what else might be there...

As far as scan codes for the keyboard, the best way to get them is to run the debug version of VoodooPS2Controller.kext and then use Console.app to examine the debug output as you press each key.

There is a keymap in VoodooPS2Keyboard.cpp. Go here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Vo...aster/VoodooPS2Keyboard/VoodooPS2Keyboard.cpp

Then search for defaultKeymapOfLength. You will see an unparsed keymap that we are using. I would think something like this would normally live in a file loaded by the keyboard driver. If you look toward the bottom, you'll see that the 0x70 keycode is a virtual adb code created by assigning that code to a 'special function' that lives in ev_keymap.h (part of os x sdk).

It is easier to view the source in xcode, because you can use right-click "Jump to Definition" to find out where macros live and what else might be there...

As far as scan codes for the keyboard, the best way to get them is to run the debug version of VoodooPS2Controller.kext and then use Console.app to examine the debug output as you press each key.

Thanks, I'll look at these, when I go at home.

for My Probook4230s,the Fn Key seems been always pressed down,all the multimeidia key is ruunable without Fn Key ,for the most deadly operate is F1 is just one press to sleep under the none perfect hackintosh Sleep. i d rather have a Fn Key combo, is there any solution to setup ?

and Fn+del(sys req) to disable trackpad is not functionable,maybe i m doing something is wrong?

its a feature :D but you can re-edit your keybindings

I need the exact guidelines on how to modify the keys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back