HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Quick note- High Sierra has a new Raise Port Limit Patch for USB 3 on Skylake/100 Series builds.

Here's the data for Clover's KextstoPatch:

Code:
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Change 15 port limit to 24 in XHCI kext 10.13 PB1</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g32MEA==
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g32MGw==
                </data>
            </dict>

Comment: Change 15 port limit to 24 in XHCI kext 10.13 PB1
Find: 837D8C10
Name: AppleUSBXHCIPCI
Replace: 837D8C1B

Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 1.54.36 PM.png

For use with USBInjectAll.kext.

Source:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324194-pre-release-macos-high-sierra/page-14#entry2437692

Last edited:
Quick note- High Sierra has a new Raise Port Limit Patch for USB 3 on Skylake/100 Series builds.

Here's the data for Clover's KextstoPatch:

Code:
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Change 15 port limit to 24 in XHCI kext 10.13 PB1</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g32MEA==
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g32MGw==
                </data>
            </dict>

Hi all, would you have the data for 8/9 series? I tried this one but then cannot boot the OS. Everything up and running... except USB # as every year :(

I´m a bit confused.. Would greatly appreciate if anyone could take the time to explain how you use the code in post #1 to patch USBInjectAll.kext. Or even better, if someone has already patched it, it would be awesome if they could upload the file :)

Sorry for being a bit noob but pretty new to this

I´m a bit confused.. Would greatly appreciate if anyone could take the time to explain how you use the code in post #1 to patch USBInjectAll.kext. Or even better, if someone has already patched it, it would be awesome if they could upload the file :)

Sorry for being a bit noob but pretty new to this

There is no patch for USBInjectAll.kext.
The port limit is coded into AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext (provided by Apple). The patch is for that kext.
The patch is an entry in Clover's config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch.

I am confused as well, with the guide on creating a custom SSDT for UsbInjectAll, is this patch still needed?

Thanks!

Edited:

I figured it out thanks!

Last edited:
I am confused as well, with the guide on creating a custom SSDT for UsbInjectAll, is this patch still needed?

The patch is used during port discovery only.
After you have a correct SSDT for USBInjectAll, and the number of ports injected are within the 15-port limit, no need for the patch.

Back