Contribute
Register

New UEFI updates for Gigabyte's high-end Z77 boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just updated my GA-Z77X-UD5H to F14 from F7 through Windows with @BIOS. Scared me a bit when my machine rebooted itself 3 times in a row, but all is well. I'll update if I notice any improved behavior.

iCloud finally works with the update! Weird!

I Have a GA-Z77X-UP5 TH and just updated from f4 to f9. Worked fine.. looking forward to testing some HD4000 compatibility and general stability

Just updated my Z77X-UP5 TH to F9. All seems to be running smooth. Ethernet speed seems to be improved, as well, and on par with my Mac Pros. I was getting about a 20% decrease in speed below the Mac Pro transfer rate. Now, it's about 5% slower. I can live with that.

Installed F14 on UD5h but didn't notice any difference.

Article: New UEFI updates for Gigabyte's high-end Z77 boards

Just updated my Z77X-UP5 TH to F9. All seems to be running smooth. Ethernet speed seems to be improved, as well, and on par with my Mac Pros. I was getting about a 20% decrease in speed below the Mac Pro transfer rate. Now, it's about 5% slower. I can live with that.

Hi 5thwall,

I have the same MB Z77X-UP5 TH, how do you update the BIOS to F9? Do you download mb_bois_ga-z77x-up5-th_f9.exe from the gigabyte web site, then execute it?

Thanks.

Hmm. The onboard is working a lot better. I need to finish wiring my network in the new place to test it better.

Hi 5thwall,

I have the same MB Z77X-UP5 TH, how do you update the BIOS to F9? Do you download mb_bois_ga-z77x-up5-th_f9.exe from the gigabyte web site, then execute it?

Thanks.

Rename downloaded file .zip. Use something like StuffIt Expander to expand it. Place on Fat32 formatted drive.

Hi 5thwall,

Thanks.

I just did the same update, no troubles with it. You download the file you mentioned, then drag and drop it into StuffIt, which will make a folder with the files you need. Boot up and go to Q-Flash by hitting END on the keyboard or Del to enter BIOS/UEFI. Find your USB drive and then the folder, pick the .F9 file and it'll take a minute or two to update. If you try selecting the wrong file, it will tell you it's the wrong file size - kinda foolproof.

UD5H F14 did not solve USB issues :(

Z77X-UD5H Update to F14 is good. thelostswede can you comment on the changes that have been made to the USB 3.0? New options such as pre-boot driver and switchable controllers. The XHCI Smart Auto is no longer set by default in BIOS, is now set to AUTO (which is good). But I personally do not use USB 3.0 often and can not test right now how it is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back