Contribute
Register

[NEW / TESTING] Intel 7th Generation Kaby Lake CPUs + 200 Series Motherboards in macOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your profile must contain details for the system you're asking about.
DSDT has nothing to do with power management.
If you need help...
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hi, probably i misunderstanding something.
I follow this guide Quick Guide to Generate a SSDT for CPU Power Management
do you mean, with my profile this guide is not usable?

No problem at all, i made some test (geekbench, Unigine Heaven, Cinema 4d benchmark).
Apparently everything is ok, i only want do some optimizations, to be "sure" and learn more about config.
A lot has happened ever since i made my first hackingtosh.

THx.

Anybody know if the MSI Z270-A PRO motherboard works or has issues? It's on sale at newegg for $90. Pretty good deal.

Hey everyone, this is my first post. I've been a long-time Mac user (even worked for Apple at one point), and I've upgraded a couple MacPro 1,1s to dual 3.0GHz quad-core Xeons running El Cap.

I'm looking to build a new mini-ITX machine to connect to a 4K TV. Since the intro to the thread said post your ideas, I'm thinking about this configuration, which runs right at $1K, with some sales running through today at NewEgg. The motherboard I picked isn't listed in the Early Adopter's guide, but other variants are, so I assume it should work like others. I'm planning on using the on-board graphics so I can use handoff, but I don't know if this will work.

What's your thought on this config as whether it could likely work? Thanks!!

View media item 188846

What i can say to the two users asking if a mobo is compatible or not, search and google is faster than wait for a reply.
Check:
Sound card:
MSI Z270-A PRO Realtek® ALC892 Codec supported By toleda script and AppleALC
GA-Z270N-Gaming 5 Realtek® ALC1220 Codec Supported By toleda script and AppleALC

LAN:

MSI Z270-A PRO has Realtek® RTL8111H Supported RealtekRTL8111.kext if i recall well
GA-Z270N-Gaming 5 Intel® GbE Supported IntelMausiEthernet.kext

WIFI:
MSI Z270-A PRO NONE
GA-Z270N-Gaming 5 Unknown to me but you can check better

i did almost all the work but is pretty simple ;)
Anyway rarely a Motherboard is incompatible, some particular hardware could...

I just got my Asus Z270-P and i5-7600k Kaby, I don't reach anywhere even with FAKECPUID set to 0x0506E3. Any ideas? Clover loads fine from USB/SSD. And I have the latest version of Clover (as per last night: 4061)

EDIT:

Should've read forum more closely. Crf 0x67 and FAKECPUID 0x0506E3 did the trick.

Last edited:
Hello to all of you. First of all, thank you for this great source of information! I'm totally new to the world of Hackintosh, so I will or might sound ignorant at some point but...I'll do my best not to.
Here is my issue/doubt: I bought a Gigabyte Z270X-gaming 7 motherboard and a i7 6700K processor. However I read in the forum that it would be better to directly use a Kaby Lake processor with a motherboard of the same type. Can you confirm this fact? If so, I'll return the processor and go for a 7700K, knowing that there might be a lot more tweaks to get it to work.
On a slightly out of topic matter: how can i verify what my audio codecs are for this motherboard? I already followed directions in terms of google research but i didnt get a proper final answer. I guess i could get it to work with the Universal codec in Multibeast but I want to be sure before to do it.
I'll put my build information as soon as I'll have all the pieces of the puzzle. Thank you for your understanding. :)

Hello to all of you. First of all, thank you for this great source of information! I'm totally new to the world of Hackintosh, so I will or might sound ignorant at some point but...I'll do my best not to.
Here is my issue/doubt: I bought a Gigabyte Z270X-gaming 7 motherboard and a i7 6700K processor. However I read in the forum that it would be better to directly use a Kaby Lake processor with a motherboard of the same type. Can you confirm this fact? If so, I'll return the processor and go for a 7700K, knowing that there might be a lot more tweaks to get it to work.
On a slightly out of topic matter: how can i verify what my audio codecs are for this motherboard? I already followed directions in terms of google research but i didnt get a proper final answer. I guess i could get it to work with the Universal codec in Multibeast but I want to be sure before to do it.
I'll put my build information as soon as I'll have all the pieces of the puzzle. Thank you for your understanding. :)
You can use 6700k but if you can have a 7700k at the same price is better ;)
Motherboard specifications (i simply select your motherboard and with the right button of my mouse search with google):
http://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z270X-Gaming-7-rev-10#sp
Sound is Soundblaster 3d, now search it in this forum or search in this forum for the same motherboard.
I did for you a little took 2 seconds:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/creative-sound-core-3d-driver.135298/
;)

The 200-series motherboards have a few added features which the Kaby Lake processors, IIRC. However, I decided to skip Kaby Lake/200-series motherboards because, in the reviews I read, Kaby Lake doesn't provide much increase in performance over the Skylake processors/100-series motherboards.

So, if it was me, I'd exchange the motherboard for a Z170 motherboard. However, as always, YMMV.

Thank you for your answers!
@Xanny : I also found it was Soundblaster 3D but since i was looking for a Realtek driver, I didnt think it was right. I discovered it wasn't easy to make audio work with this one though. VoodooHDA driver seems to be working for some people. I'll give it a try.

@stork6220 Thank you for your advice. I'm also considering exchanging the Z270 for a Z170, not because of the performance difference between the two but because it seems "easier" in terms of compatibility. I'll go pick up the rest of the pieces tomorrow. Will keep you informed in case of success...and probably in case of failure too :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back