Contribute
Register

(NEW) (SUCCESS) Dingleberry's Content Creator Build | GA-X79S-UP5 X79/C606 | i7-3930k | 32gb | GTX67

Status
Not open for further replies.
koxproject, What version of OS X are you trying to install; e.g., Snow Leopard, Lion or Mountain Lion? If Mountain Lion, what update? The current Mountain Lion is 10.8.4. How did you download? Lastly, are you using the tonymacx86? UniBeast Installation Guide?

I used ML 10.8. I downloaded from the AppleStore.

Hi koxproject,

Stork has posted some valid questions, if you dont mind answering those as well.

Your issues sound like they are related to your Graphics Card according to my experience.

I seem to have misplaced my notes, but will look for them tonight, and also make a list of some of my Bios config settings.

Thank you Gaart!

I quote Gaart...Two days ago I had the same problems as koxproject with my new Rig (Gigabyte x79 up5 wi-fi + I7 3930k) while trying to get to the installer for the first time...I removed my Geforce Gtx 660 for a Gtx 650 and immediately I could reach the installation stage and finish tha process...Now I'm writing from my new hack thanks to Nodnarb's precious guide...

I look forward..

Hi Koxproject,

I found my notes.

Note: I have a Dual Boot System, running:
OS X 10.8.4 on 500GB HHD
Windows 7 64bit on Sandisk 240GB SSD

I see you mentioned that you downloaded 10.8 from the Mac AppStore, i hoped you used Unibeast to do the copying of files to the USB.

BIOS Settings:

M.I.T Tab:

CPU Clock Ratio : 41 (I partially overclocked my CPU)
*Should you decide not to change this, your CPU runs at a default 3.8GHz instead of 3.6GHz because of turbo-boost. You can decide if you want to overclock or leave default

Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) : Profile 1

Under Advanced CPU core features:
CPU EIST Function: Disable
*You need to disable this. If you dont, Your system, will most likely run stable, but your CPU runs at 1.2GHz.

BIOS Features TAB:

Boot 1 : CD/DVD Drive
Boot 2 : HDD/SSD Drive, this should primarily be your OS X Drive, as one can boot into windows from OS X Boot screen as well.

These are things I changed, but you may leave them as default;

Intel Visualization: Enabled
Intel I/OAT : Disabled
Intel VT-d : Disabled

Peripherals:
SAS Controller: Enabled
*This does not work in OS X, so you may disabled it. I left mine enabled, because i use it in Windows.

SATA Controller: AHCI
*This is a must.

Legacy USB Support : Enabled
XHCI Hand-off : Enabled
EHXI Hand-off : Enabled
Fresco USB3.0 : Enabled
VIA USB3.0 : Enabled
Realtek LAN Controller: Enabled

*The USB Hand-off i felt was essential to enable. Read a long post on it. So i left it enabled.

To be Honest, i have not really tested my Rear USB3.0 ports, but i know the Front USB3.0 ports do work natively in OS X.

That is it for my BIOS Settings.

When you boot up, I used my Front USB2.0 ports, have your USB plugged in, and go to the Boot Menu(F10 I think)

If you can see your flash in the list, use the legacy boot option, not the UEFI boot option.

You should then get to your boot screen.

No, this is where i had all my problems.

I used my PCIE x16_1 for my GPU.
Any other available slot for the WIFI/BT module.

NB! I have not successfully gotten either WIFI or BT to work in OSX, but I use them in windows.
NB! OS X does detect the BT, but that was where it ended for me.

I will assume you use your DVI on your GPU. I am of the opinion that some ports work in OS X and others Do not, like HDMI on my GPU. But thats for you to test.

DVI should do fine.

Now on to boot Flags:
Try
Code:
-v cpus=1 maxmem=4096 PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x3000 USBBusFix=Yes

*because of the unsupported nature of the CPU, you will have to limit to one core for the installation session.
*I have come to understand that there is a UniBeast limit n RAM of 4GB, Though i could be wrong.
*PCIRootUID, this has got to do with the GPU
*npci is a must
*USBBusFix, this will most likely to the one with gets you into the setup.

If
Code:
PCIRootUID=0
does not work, try
Code:
PCIRootUID=1

Post back if all goes well, if not, post the issue and I'll try to assist.

Thank you Gaart!

I try today!

Can someone paste his overclocking settings with this MB?

While trying to boot from my USB flash drive, (that i have created with unibeast according to the guide on tonymacx), to install osx 10.8.4 ... i also followed Dingleberry´s guide since his build is pretty similar to mine...the differences that i see is the ram that the graphics card...
Here my bios settings:
CPU EIST Function: Disabled

Intel Visualization: Enabled
Intel I/OAT : Disabled
Intel VT-d : Disabled
Isoc: Disabled - i dont know what Isoc stands for...any ideas. I had it enabled as well...didnt seem to make a difference!

SAS Controller: Disabled

SATA Controller: AHCI

Legacy USB Support : Enabled
XHCI Hand-off : Enabled
EHXI Hand-off : Enabled
Fresco USB3.0 : Enabled
VIA USB3.0 : Enabled
Realtek LAN Controller: Enabled

That´s the main settings and also correct i think! Or?

But during the boot I always get the same error message and the machine reboots.
BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory :beachball:

Does anybody know what this relates to? Some people have encountered the same issue but it seems to me that the reasons for this error are unclear or unknown...

Following Dingleberry´s guide i also have changed the Extreme Memory Profile to "profile1". Once i did that i cannot enter the chimera boot loader. My machine would boot and then shut down again...boot, shut down and then reboot again and so on (endles circle)...i´m not even able to enter the bios and need to reset the bios and start all over again...
I´m using corsair
Vengeance Pro 32GB (Grey) 1866mhz ram.

The bootflags that i use are: -x -v GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000 cpus=1

I also used various combinations like -x -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x3000 cpus=6

All combinations you can think of and in additions other bootflags like PCIRootUID=0

I´m using a ASUS Geforce 210 as gui since my mobo doesnt have any onboard graphics (Gigabyte GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI)

i have a GTX780 as well, but thats not build in at the moment, since i just want the installation to work and then install the gtx780 later once osx is up and running...

Does anybody have the same issue? Anybody some ideas and tips? I´m sitting with this now for days and just cannot get it to work! Help would be highly appreciated!!!

Here the specs of my build:
Gigabyte GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
OSX 10.8.4
i7-3930k
GUI: ASUS Geforce 210, GPU: GTX780SC (not build in yet)
Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB (Grey) 1866mhz

Hi Simcules,

The board has a duel BIOS system, so if the main fails it would use the backup, or atleast that was my experience.

Never has both my main and backup bios given in, Which Bios version you on?

Firstly, the cpus should always be 1, due to X79 being an unsupported chipset.

Try with only 1 RAM stick. I am assuming you have the corsair 4 x 8GB kit.

try using the flags "-v cpus=1 maxmem=4096 PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x3000 USBBusFix=Yes".

hey gaart!

thanks for your reply! My BIOS version is F3. And yes, i´m using 4x8GB ram kit! I will try to only use one and see what happens! Also i´m going to test your boot flags and will get back to you! Thank you!

Simcules

Dooood! With doing what you told me, i got to the installer!!! Freaking awesome! :headbang: But yeah! I´m going to try the same thing again with all 4 ram sticks installed! Or what would you recommend? Would you install OSX and then put the remaining 3 sticks back in again? Or?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back