Contribute
Register

New RehabMan kexts/builds/binaries for Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it safe to upgrade to Yosemite normally ??
* i install with your guide
when you gonna update your guide ??

I would transition to Clover...

There is no ProBook Installer for Unibeast/Chameleon method yet. When there is, I'll update the guide.

I would transition to Clover...

There is no ProBook Installer for Unibeast/Chameleon method yet. When there is, I'll update the guide.

Hi RehabMan, could you please elaborate a little on the Clover transition? Are there any special requirements for using it? I have latest Mavericks (10.9.5) now on a HP Probook 4530s installed with your guide from version 10.9.2. I was using the ProBook Installer to install the kexts and I'm still on Chameleon for the bootloader, because I use BIOS not UEFI mode, which is experimental for 4530s. I still have the bootable USB drive with Mavericks, for updates (which is deprecated now).

So, can you please guide us a little with the transition to Clover? I saw on SourceForge that it's a bootloader, as well as some sort of a drop-in replacement for the ProBook Installer, for installing kexts, right? I really want to upgrade to Yosemite as soon as possible. Please?

Thank you very much!

Hi RehabMan, could you please elaborate a little on the Clover transition? Are there any special requirements for using it? I have latest Mavericks (10.9.5) now on a HP Probook 4530s installed with your guide from version 10.9.2. I was using the ProBook Installer to install the kexts and I'm still on Chameleon for the bootloader, because I use BIOS not UEFI mode, which is experimental for 4530s. I still have the bootable USB drive with Mavericks, for updates (which is deprecated now).

So, can you please guide us a little with the transition to Clover? I saw on SourceForge that it's a bootloader, as well as some sort of a drop-in replacement for the ProBook Installer, for installing kexts, right? I really want to upgrade to Yosemite as soon as possible. Please?

Thank you very much!

Post #1 here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/128774-hp-probook-installer-clover-edition.html

Thanks, I was reading that right now, waiting for your answer. But I still have some question, because I don't want to destroy my Mavericks installation.... so, please just answer YES or NO:

1. Do I have to switch to UEFI in BIOS before installing Clover bootloader?
2. Do I really need to create another bootable USB with Clover in it like that guide says?
3. Can't I just install Clover right now from Mavericks using the HP Probook Installer Clover Edition?
4. I've opened the HP Probook Installer Clover Edition and highlighted the "Clover UEFI" options, which says "Install Clover UEFI Bootloader 2955 to EFI partition." Do I have an EFI partition?

That's all for now :) I'll be back with more stupid n00b questions after I successfully install Clover, replacing Chameleon. Thanks again for your precious time!

Later edit:

After some reading, I can answer YES to my first question. I'm still not sure about the others! It will be really dumb to have to create a new USB drive with Clover...

Thanks, I was reading that right now, waiting for your answer. But I still have some question, because I don't want to destroy my Mavericks installation.... so, please just answer YES or NO:

1. Do I have to switch to UEFI in BIOS before installing Clover bootloader?
2. Do I really need to create another bootable USB with Clover in it like that guide says?
3. Can't I just install Clover right now from Mavericks using the HP Probook Installer Clover Edition?
4. I've opened the HP Probook Installer Clover Edition and highlighted the "Clover UEFI" options, which says "Install Clover UEFI Bootloader 2955 to EFI partition." Do I have an EFI partition?

That's all for now :) I'll be back with more stupid n00b questions after I successfully install Clover, replacing Chameleon. Thanks again for your precious time!

Later edit:

After some reading, I can answer YES to my first question. I'm still not sure about the others! It will be really dumb to have to create a new USB drive with Clover...

1. UEFI must be enabled to boot a UEFI bootloader.
2. Read the whole guide, including the part on transition from Chameleon.
3. See #2
4. Yes, all GPT drives have an EFI partition.

1. UEFI must be enabled to boot a UEFI bootloader.
2. Read the whole guide, including the part on transition from Chameleon.
3. See #2
4. Yes, all GPT drives have an EFI partition.

Thanks again for the quick reply, but 2 and especially 3 are the most important questions to me. I've read the "Migrate from Chameleon" part in the guide 10 times now, and I still don't understand if it is a requirement to create a bootable USB with Mavericks. Guide says:

Download the required files

1. Boot to Clover from USB, press F4 at Clover screen.

2. Boot to your OS X Mavericks. Download HP Probook Installer here HP Probook Installer Clover Edition and install with these options:

I'm in Mavericks right now, it's my only OS and my only laptop/computer... Can't I just skip step 1 and start from step 2?

Thanks again for the quick reply, but 2 and especially 3 are the most important questions to me. I've read the "Migrate from Chameleon" part in the guide 10 times now, and I still don't understand if it is a requirement to create a bootable USB with Mavericks. Guide says:

I'm in Mavericks right now, it's my only OS and my only laptop/computer... Can't I just skip step 1 and start from step 2?

No. Don't be lazy.

No. Don't be lazy.

I'm not, I just don't understand why do I have to create the USB drive again... Anyway, too late now, as I'm in the process of creating the USB, but there's no Mavericks on the AppStore anymore, so I guess that I'll just have to put Yosemite instead, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back