Contribute
Register

New RehabMan kexts/builds/binaries for Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rehabman.. You're the best! :) I could get into the installation pages after the boot after changing this kext file. This means I can use Yosemite, yay!

I have other questions emerged after getting to this page,

1. Should I only be able to install the Yosemite from the scratch? Or is there any way that I can "update" to Yosemite like what I did in my iMac? For instance, with this instruction

would I be installing the Yosemite as an "update"?

2. If it needs to only be fresh-installation, can I still use the time machine the after the installation? Would it bring my old files/installed programs back with the Yosemite?

I did an update. I'm using Clover, so I simply ran the update from the Mac App Store/Software update.

The update using Chimera/Chameleon is more complex and involves creating a USB and running the OS X installer from the USB (but not erasing your partition). I would recommend updating all your kexts prior to updating to installing Yosemite. And of course, you'll have various post-install tasks to complete after the update (eg. patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, AppleHDA if you're using patched AppleHDA, etc).

Remember that Yosemite requires kernel flag kext-dev-mode=1 to load unsigned/patched kexts. It also requires an updated bootloader.

Hello, Rehabman, how are you? :)

I'm actually getting this message after booting it from the chimera unibeast USB.
"This is not a supported method of installing the operating system.
Please run install OS X 10.10.app that you downloaded from the App Store."

IMG_0951.JPG

Also, if you don't mind, would you unpack your instruction again?

It also requires an updated bootloader.

I'm currently using my bootloader with Chameleon v.2.2svn r2377 for Mavericks. Do I update this to Yosemite one? (do I get to be able to boot to Mavericks?) or the latest Mavericks one?

The update using Chimera/Chameleon is more complex and involves creating a USB and running the OS X installer from the USB (but not erasing your partition). I would recommend updating all your kexts prior to updating to installing Yosemite. And of course, you'll have various post-install tasks to complete after the update (eg. patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, AppleHDA if you're using patched AppleHDA, etc).

Do I update your kext files (link) into the current Mavericks not Yosemite? And, the do I use Yosemite version's appleIntelcpupowermanagement, and/but Mavericks' applehda?

Remember that Yosemite requires kernel flag kext-dev-mode=1 to load unsigned/patched kexts.

So, this is the post-installation, isn't it?

I have additional questions:

How do I run the "update" to suffice "This is not a supported method of installing the operating system. Please run install OS X 10.10.app that you downloaded from the App Store."?

Also, if I install the Yosemite first and then use time machine to restore my old programs and files, would it be possible? Would this post- Yosemite installation be possible to restore my installed Mavericks programs, as well? Looks like it won't be, will it?

Thanks so much for you help! If I can I wanna send you Pumpkin pie to your address or something.. :) <3

Hello, Rehabman, how are you? :)

I'm actually getting this message after booting it from the chimera unibeast USB.
"This is not a supported method of installing the operating system.
Please run install OS X 10.10.app that you downloaded from the App Store."

You must have created the USB incorrectly.

Note: I have not done a Chameleon based update. Running Clover on all my computers.

Also, if you don't mind, would you unpack your instruction again?

???

I'm currently using my bootloader with Chameleon v.2.2svn r2377 for Mavericks. Do I update this to Yosemite one? (do I get to be able to boot to Mavericks?) or the latest Mavericks one?

Chameleon r2377 will not boot Yosemite.

Do I update your kext files (link) into the current Mavericks not Yosemite?

Those build are compatible with SL -> Yosemite.

And, the do I use Yosemite version's appleIntelcpupowermanagement, and/but Mavericks' applehda?

You can.

Also, if I install the Yosemite first and then use time machine to restore my old programs and files, would it be possible?...

Not recommended. Blind restores tend to create problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back