Contribute
Register

New RehabMan kexts/builds/binaries for Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your response. I updated my 4530s and everything is working great. Just trying to understand and learn. Thanks again.

What are you after anyway? You should follow the Clover guide. All the updated kexts are in the new ProBook Installer CE.

I updated my 4530s and everything is working great. Only just trying to understand and learn. Thanks again.

Hello, Rehabman, this is Hana, Envy 14-2166se.
I don't have UEFI option in my bios, and I don't know if I can use Clover to boot with. I'm now trying to "update" to yosemite, and I don't know if this will be possible with Unibeast. Please let me know what I should do.

I've chosen the HD3000 1366x768, and made the bootable clover USB, but wasn't able to proceed because of the mach_kernel. (first of all I can't even get to the clover bootable page, and always ends up to go into the current installed Maverick's chameleon.)

If it's possible, I don't want to install yosemite from the scratch, because I don't want to lose my saved settings, installed programs, vst instruments' licenses, etc..

P.s. should I use brand new kext files for Yosemite? I notice you have another thread about New Rehabman Kext/builds/binaries. Basically, I should reinstall whole thing?

Hello, Rehabman, this is Hana, Envy 14-2166se.
I don't have UEFI option in my bios, and I don't know if I can use Clover to boot with. I'm now trying to "update" to yosemite, and I don't know if this will be possible with Unibeast. Please let me know what I should do.

I've chosen the HD3000 1366x768, and made the bootable clover USB, but wasn't able to proceed because of the mach_kernel. (first of all I can't even get to the clover bootable page, and always ends up to go into the current installed Maverick's chameleon.)

If it's possible, I don't want to install yosemite from the scratch, because I don't want to lose my saved settings, installed programs, vst instruments' licenses, etc..

P.s. should I use brand new kext files for Yosemite? I notice you have another thread about New Rehabman Kext/builds/binaries. Basically, I should reinstall whole thing?

For using Clover, I suggest you read here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html. Filter appropriately as some information is HP ProBook specific (omit HPFanReset.efi, most of the stuff in the ProBook Installer, for example).

Hello, Rehabman,

So, I went to the link and read through most of them, and still having little hard time understanding about UEFI.

So, my Envy 14-2166se didn't have UEFI option in insydeH2O bios. It's F.05, and it even has whitelists in it.

For example, when I operate the #4 from the guide, (i'll quote it)
4. Plug the flashdrive to USB ports. Restart and press F9 to choose Boot devices > Boot from EFI file > choose your Clover bootloader partition > EFI > Boot > BOOTX64.efi

I don't have bios that has EFI option in it.

What should I do? Am I eligible to install Yosemite?

Hello, Rehabman,

So, I went to the link and read through most of them, and still having little hard time understanding about UEFI.

So, my Envy 14-2166se didn't have UEFI option in insydeH2O bios. It's F.05, and it even has whitelists in it.

For example, when I operate the #4 from the guide, (i'll quote it)

I don't have bios that has EFI option in it.

What should I do? Am I eligible to install Yosemite?

You could also install Clover in legacy mode.

Do you have the latest BIOS? Maybe there is an update with UEFI?

But with your system, there isn't a compelling need to move to Clover. It is your choice. You could stick with Unibeast/Chimera/etc.

So, yesterday I've tried to use Unibeast to boot, and even if I used the boot flags like, cpus=1 busratio=20 GraphicsEnabler=YES PCIRootUID=0, I still got kernel panic. Also when it wasn't a verbose mode, during the grey screen, it showed question mark right after the apple logo.

Here is my screenshot.

IMG_0946.JPG

So, Camilios? He erases whitelists for the Insyde bioses, or enable the advance menus, and I notice, from my laptop's eligible bios, he only fixed one bios, which is f.06 NWL. I forgot the exact 5 digit number for this bios. Also, I didn't install the windows in this computer, nor have extra laptop hard drive, so I'm having hard time to update the bios.

Rehabman.. You're the best! :) I could get into the installation pages after the boot after changing this kext file. This means I can use Yosemite, yay!

I have other questions emerged after getting to this page,

1. Should I only be able to install the Yosemite from the scratch? Or is there any way that I can "update" to Yosemite like what I did in my iMac? For instance, with this instruction

1. Boot OS X Mavericks
2. Remove /Extra/modules/FileNVRAM.dylib if present
3. Remove /System/Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext if present
4. Edit /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist to remove the following 2 lines if present:

107204d1413557695-guide-update-os-x-mavericks-os-x-yosemite-using-unibeast-multibeast-screen-shot-2014-10-17-10.54.34-am.png

5. Create a bootable USB using UniBeast 5
6. Boot from USB and install OS X Yosemite over your existing Mavericks installation
7. Reboot from the USB and choose your existing drive
8. Run MultiBeast 7 and select the following options, and any system-specific Audio and Network drivers.

would I be installing the Yosemite as an "update"?

2. If it needs to only be fresh-installation, can I still use the time machine the after the installation? Would it bring my old files/installed programs back with the Yosemite?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back