Contribute
Register

New Pro Tools HD Build - [GUIDE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though i haven't spent any effort lately on the issue, I was never able to get onboard graphics working when i tried on the first build i did. It would always kernel panic as soon as chimera started loading OS X. It may be possible to use the onboard as additional ports with a graphics card installed, i have not tried that yet. Would be great if we could figure out the onboard graphics issue.

g\

I'm attempting this now. I'm actually going the Lion route, so it should be easier. I know many have said it can't be done, but I am going to get to the bottom of this. Someone on page 11 says they got it working.

Hmm, I was running ProTools 10 on my Hackintosh using a USB M-Audio interface. Worked great. I was using the 30 day trial of it to finish some projects before moving to Logic 9.

Digidal.kext is an HD related kext. Only happens on Lion as far as I know.

I've read that some Macs have this problem too. I'm going to try the kernel cache thing to see if it works. Wish me luck.

Install on Lion went without a hitch.

Jetway
32 GB G Skill
2 x 3TB Seagates
1 x 240 GB Mushkin Chronos SSD
1 x 320 Caviar Blue for backup
SeaSonic silent PSU
Corsair H80
Cougar fans

Made my own DSDT as neither these nor Mike661's from DUC forums was working.

Issues:
No Sleep (no biggy for pro audio guys like us)
But CPU throttling works.

Geekbench = 12800+

Only questions is, is there a way to get turbo working? These CPUs can throttle up to 3.9Ghz and I want that extra 400Mhz.

Your seeing that CPU speedstepping is working? are you using nullcpupm kext?
Thanks,
g\

o19MediaGroup said:

Jetway
32 GB G Skill
2 x 3TB Seagates
SeaSonic silent PSU
Corsair H80
Cougar fans

Issues:

Geekbench = 12800+

Only questions is, is there a way to get turbo working? These CPUs can throttle up to 3.9Ghz and I want that extra 400Mhz.

o19MediaGroup said:

Jetway
32 GB G Skill
2 x 3TB Seagates
SeaSonic silent PSU
Corsair H80
Cougar fans

Issues:

Geekbench = 12800+

Hi o19MediaGroup;
Do you have a guide for Lion? I get KP after Installing multibeast.
Thanks in advance.

o19MediaGroup said:

Jetway
32 GB G Skill
2 x 3TB Seagates
SeaSonic silent PSU
Corsair H80
Cougar fans

Issues:

Geekbench = 12800+

would very much like some more info on this.

i tried today and it was the first time i installed pt and lion booted!

it seems there is an issue with bootloaders, so using a different version of chameleon etc will fix this.

want to nail the details down more.

also want to use the hd3000 graphics and get speedstepping to work!

thanks!

Hey fellas. I'm going to post this question in a thread I've got going on the details of my build as well, but there's more traffic here :)

Finally got my PTHD 9 iLok license so I moved my HD cards over from my G5. If I put my core card in slot 1 on the Jetway, Pro Tools just loops the disk buffer but won't stream any additional material from the drive (tried several drives). If I put it in slot 4, it plays back fine for some reason, but of course that won't do because a) I also want to use an Accel card and b) it's just sidestepping an apparent problem further down. No failures on Digitest, but the System Profiler claims I have no PCI cards no matter what the configuration is.

I've been searching on this for two days, both here and in Google. A lot of people have asked this question here, but nobody seems to have answered it. If I'm wrong about that, forgive me for asking again.

Everything else has gone fairly smoothly so far.

Thanks

P

pbmusic said:
I've been searching on this for two days, both here and in Google. A lot of people have asked this question here, but nobody seems to have answered it. If I'm wrong about that, forgive me for asking again.

I have already posted about this. Normally this happens if you are using a slot other than the first for the core card. However it has also happened to me because a TDM cable was not securely plugged in (which would also show in digitest as a TDM cable fail). Try re-seating the card in slot one. If for some reason your board is working better with the card in slot 4 you can always add accell cards above it. the TDM cables can be daisy chained either direction. You might find that once adding accell cards the first slot for core suddenly works for you. Its just an issue of musical slots and card re-seating; once you get it working it will continue working from then on.
g\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back