Contribute
Register

New Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 892 on Lion - [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 892 on Lion

mrhevor said:
As you can see there is always only 1 HDEF point to controller.

Always thanks for all, patience, support. I want work hard to find a solution :(
Let me be as clear as possible; 1 HDEF is correct, 2 HDEFs are wrong. At this point, consider a clean install. If you have a Windows install, verify the codec still works. The priority should be to get 892 onboard working and then add HDMI. Understand that 892 onboard and Nvida HDMI audio results in a black screen in 10.7.2. I have a interim solution until the real problem is solved if you're interested. It requires following each step exactly. Reply with how you would like to proceed.

b0rnav said:
toleda said:
b0rnav said:
Pass through works but...all i get is HISS.

using VLC, MPlayer, MPlayerX

Pure static/hiss...hmm
It appears your receiver does not support DD PL II. I already mentioned you will not get DD 5.1 or DTS 5.1 with VLC (add MPlayer/X). I use Plex (Preferences/System/Audio/Digital Output and Force Digital) and I get DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1. You can also try XBMC and Boxee.

Oddly enough, theres a giant Dolby Digital Pro Logic II logo on my receiver.
Thanks for your patience. I will give xbmc/plex a try and update you on my success.

XBMC with Forced DTS confirmed to work with 5.1!

Thank you!

Confirmed that this will work with some of the HD5700 cards for the HDMI sound out using the 889 with the proper DSDT edits. Will also work on the Asus p8z68-v/Gen3 using the 892 kext with proper DSDT edits.

I need to figure out a way to combine the two so that I don't have to switch kexts every time I want to use either HDMI sound or on-board audio.

harshy said:
I need to figure out a way to combine the two so that I don't have to switch kexts every time I want to use either HDMI sound or on-board audio.
Both the 889 and 892 kexts support on board and HDMI audio at the same time. Use the kext that matches the audio codec of your motherboard. What do you mean by "combine the two"?

toleda said:
harshy said:
Both the 889 and 892 kexts support on board and HDMI audio at the same time. Use the kext that matches the audio codec of your motherboard. What do you mean by "combine the two"?

The motherboard uses the 892 codec while the ATI card uses the 889. If I use the mainboards 892, I get an insertion error at the kernel level. I will have access to all on board audio, but not through the ATIs hdmi. If I switch let's, opposite effect meaning I get hdmi sound, but not anything from the on board. I figured that since we are talking about 2 different chips, that we would have to switch kexts every time that I want to use one or the other.

harshy said:
The motherboard uses the 892 codec while the ATI card uses the 889.
Yes, the motherboard uses the 892 codec. No, the ATI card uses the AMD codec, not the 889. For HDMI audio, both kexts are exactly the same. I assume the dsdt is the same when you tried both kexts. Attach a copy of IOReg, with the 892 edited AppleHDA.kext.

toleda said:
harshy said:
The motherboard uses the 892 codec while the ATI card uses the 889.
Yes, the motherboard uses the 892 codec. No, the ATI card uses the AMD codec, not the 889. For HDMI audio, both kexts are exactly the same. I assume the dsdt is the same when you tried both kexts. Attach a copy of IOReg, with the 892 edited AppleHDA.kext.

No need to now. I looked at it again this evening, and the HDMI is working with the 892 codec installed. I have a sneaky suspision that I "forgot" to scroll down in the sound preferences to "expose" the device last night, even to know that I knew that that is what should have happened. We will find out when I reinstall Lion from scratch again for production work.

mrhevor said:
Hi Toleda, finally I've decide to follow your opinions and I've also bought a new HD and reinstall Lion. The first thing I've do it is your DSDT patch + your AppleHDA Kext. Nothing to do for my system(P8Z68V-Pro), audio device is always not found.
Hope for a new solution for my 892 chipset. I think about re-compile platform.xml or another idea.
I'd like to try an experiment when you have some free time.

mrhevor said:
Hi toleda, Im here another time. So, finally I've solved, but only can switch 2 channels, the others is off. The goal is that NOISE is disappear!
The next step is to configure your AppleHDA892Beta with my PinConfiguration in PlugIns->AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.
After, delete AppleHDA1062.kext (wtf anyone speaking about it)
Finally, DONT USE kernel cache yes on org.chameleon.boot.

So, man, that's all. Thank you so much for your coordination and help.
My next question is: how to open 7.1 channel?
:thumbup: great work your project!
Good job. Thanks for the secrets to your success. I have had the problem with the line out as well. I found that shutting down the system, pulling the plug, hit the power button a couple of times, power up and reboot sometimes solved the problem. Eventually, sound appears on that line out. I've not had any issues with kernel cache.

Regarding the noise, I've made some noticeable improvements with the inputs; available soon.

For 7.1, you lose SPDIFOut.
The details: (Use Property List Editor)
1. Platforms.xml/PathMaps/Item 3/PathMapID 892/PathMap
2. Delete Item 5 (SPDIFOut)
3. Copy Item 4/Paste (becomes Item 5)
4. Edit/Item 5/NodeIDs From 21/13/3
NodeIDs To 23/15/5
5. Save

Followed the installations steps, yet still unable to get front panel mic to work, the rest works fine (back panel and front panel output audio works, with auto switching).

using Asus P8P67 Pro Rev3.0 with ALC 892

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back