Contribute
Register

New Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 892 on Lion - [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi toleda,

thanks a lot. I finally got it working with the right HDEF. Now i just need to enable HDMI sound ;), but from now on i think i will be able to do it myself.

I just wanted to say thank you for your persistent help. Keep up the good work

n1con

Edit: Thanks to your great HDMI Audio Tutorial i got HDMI Audio working too. I didn't even needed to edit the Kexts. After Step 2a it worked perfectly. Thanks alot

please help me
my pc is:
p8p67 asus
geforce 550 ti
ci7 2600k 3.4
lion 10.7.4

i used multi beast 4.5.2 but
audio is not work for me.
now i use this voodoo
http://www.osx86.net/view/2306-alc892_2 ... _hdmi.html
but sometime is noisy

i don't have dsdt! is there any way can i use alc982.kext?

sorry my bad english

Hi, i need some help with my ALC892 onboard audio, my mobo is a Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3, and i have snow leopard 10.6.8 with a AMD CPU and a Radeon 6870, it works great but i have no audio, i hope someone can helpme. thanks!

Snake_Bass_Player said:
Hi, i need some help with my ALC892 onboard audio, my mobo is a Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3, and i have snow leopard 10.6.8 with a AMD CPU and a Radeon 6870, it works great but i have no audio, i hope someone can helpme. thanks!
Forum Rule 2. Intel CPUs and Chipsets Only.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php#f0r1
Different device_ids. Nothing will work from this site.

Toleda... and/or whoever posted this... THANK YOU. Multibeast wouldnt work at all but this worked great!

ASUS P8Z68-V Pro (not gen3)
.kext file on desktop, ran kext utility. reboot.

Dropped the beat
:headbang:

sevenfold said:
Toleda... and/or whoever posted this... THANK YOU. Multibeast wouldnt work at all but this worked great!

ASUS P8Z68-V Pro (not gen3)
.kext file on desktop, ran kext utility. reboot.

Dropped the beat
:headbang:
Hi sevenfold
which uefi bios mounts the motherboard ?
Thanks

Re: New Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 892 on Lion - Updated

yskim75 said:
This method worked great on my P7H55-M Pro (BIOS v.1604).
I downloaded DSDT from the database, and added HDEF section following toleda's guide here
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=58047
then installed dsdt.aml with MultiBeast and AppleHDA.kext in the first post with KextBeast.
Now I can see audio devices in System Preferences/Sound.
Sound works beautifully including optical SPDIF passthrough (I had to fix SPDIF static sound by setting output frequency to 48k in Audio MIDI app)

Thanks toleda!

Hi there guys, i did what yskim75 did (add HDEF to DSDT.AML) and using the file on the first post, i got ALC892 working on MOUNTAIN LION.

My ALC892 is now working properly on ML. This thread, and the posts from yskim75 and toleda helped me a lot!!!!

thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back