Contribute
Register

New Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 892 on Lion - [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 892 on Lion

mrhevor said:
I've make all steps exactly like your instruction but im not lucky.
Nothing to do, I can hear always only the first 2 channel about 1 Audio out, the others audio out are in error, dont play music or in combined system configured for 5.1.
In Audio MIDI Setup, is the Line Out with no sound for the center/sub channels?

mcbyte_it said:
Followed the installations steps, yet still unable to get front panel mic to work, the rest works fine (back panel and front panel output audio works, with auto switching).

using Asus P8P67 Pro Rev3.0 with ALC 892
Delete S/L/E/ALC8xxHDA.kext if installed. Make sure the output volume on the mic/player is high and the input volume in Prefs/Sound/Input is high. Seems the codec gets stuck sometimes. In Prefs/Sound/Input, try switching to Line In and the switch back or in Prefs/Sound/Output switch from External Speakers to Line Out while iTunes is playing.

aXiMusPrImE said:
Hi all.

Currently using device ID for ALC882 0x88, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00 with your beta kext.
I get the following outputs.
Internal Speakers.
Line-Out
Digital Audio Optical Out.

Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction.
The IOReg you attached is not a HD3000 system; the dsdt is. Reply with the IOReg for the HD3000 system. Layout-id of 188 is audio_id 392, the HD3000 HDMI audio version of the 892. Your outputs are are the correct outputs for Audio_id 392 on board audio.

aXiMusPrImE said:
The are both from the same box. I have no discrete graphics, only onboard and my cpu is an i7-2600K which has HD 3000 graphics. Is there anything I can define in the current IOReg or anyway to make OSX rebuild it? I am a n00b when it comes to DSDT and IOReg.
The ioreg in your downloads file has Nvidia graphic card installed. HD3000 doesn't show up with a graphics card installed. The point is the ioreg you sent is not useful.

On your Z68-ITX system, run ioreg/file/save a copy as... Reply with new ioreg attached.

aXiMusPrImE said:
Toleda,
Here is a remade copy of my IOReg.
Much better. Looks like onboard audio is good. Your layout_id should be 0x88 0x01 0x00 0x00. Try it, you may get lucky.

If no HDMI audio, see IOReg/IGPU/AppleIntelFramebuffer@1. The HDMI port on your mother board is assigned to a DP framebuffer instead of the HDMI framebuffer in AppleIntelFramebuffer@2. Also note the port-number (0x6). That indicates you have to edit the framebuffer. See http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=45795., Edit AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB Binary/macmini5,1/d. port-number 0x6.

mrhevor said:
Hi toleda, I've a kind of info probably useful or not, or you just know it, so i made some platforms version and every time I DONT use:
NODEid 20 - 12 - 2 with NODEid 27 - 12 - 2 i dont have my only one LINE OUT active.
So i think the LINEOUT active is just the line out created by these two nodes..
The audio node is 12 (mixer) and 2 (amp). That node is connected to two pins; pin 20 (jack/internal speaker/green rear) and pin 27 (jack/headphone/green front). Those two pins are configured with pin detection so the node is set for the speaker normally. When the headphone is plugged in, the codec switches the audio to the headphone jack which mutes the speaker. The 892 has another output node that I don't use; it is 27 (pin) - 38 (mixer) - 37 (amp). You may want to try that for headphones (no pin detection, no muting).

892 audio output nodes
20-12-2
21-13-3
22-14-4
23-15-5
27-38-37

mrhevor said:
Yes sir, exactly what graphics svg give to my eyes, I've just tried these combination without success. Hope for problems relating layout, because this platform, your indications, are too correct to fault.
I've also try combination about 27 - 38 - 37 without success and also another multi combination to test like my code dump graph showing but nothing to do.
Thanks for now..
FYI, I will be posting an improved 892 edited AppleHDA.kext later this week. It has a new binary edit and other improvements. No idea if it resolves your issues. Try it when it's available.

Re: New Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 892 on Lion - Updated

toleda said:
1/25/12 - Updated ALC892 edited Lion AppleHDA.kext

Info and download - New Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 892 on Lion - Updated

Do you think you'll be able to solve the issue with Mute? I love this driver and it solves my popping issue but not being able to mute via keyboard makes it a no-go

Re: New Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 892 on Lion - Updated

rcork said:
toleda said:
1/25/12 - Updated ALC892 edited Lion AppleHDA.kext

Info and download - New Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 892 on Lion - Updated

Do you think you'll be able to solve the issue with Mute? I love this driver and it solves my popping issue but not being able to mute via keyboard makes it a no-go
No. Pushing the volume lower key via keyboard a couple times achieves the same outcome.

If you want to customize the 892 edited AppleHDA.kext try this:
Property List Editor/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/Platforms.xml/Pathmaps/Item 3/Pathmap/Item 2/Item 0/Item 0/
At this point, there are Item 0, Item 1, and Item 2
Open Item 2, Copy Amp, Open Item 1, Paste on Item 1, Drag AMP below NodeID.
You will see AMP in NodeID 12 and AMP in NodeID 2
Repeat for any other Audio Output Device you want to mute.
Save.
Install.

This has not been tested, however, that is what changed. If your system KPs on reboot, GraphicsEnabler=No or safe boot to remove and replace the kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back