Graphics
HD3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I want buy new graphics card..I already have MB Gigabyte z68ma-d2h-b3 rev.1.3, 8GB RAM and Intel i5-2500k. I sometimes play games, but in most case just minecraft :D Id like to buy card, which will be working Out of Box. I found EVGA GeForce GTX650 Ti (2GB DDR5 (5400MHz), NVIDIA GeForce GTX650 Ti (928MHz), PCIe x16, SLi, 128bit, 2x DVI, miniHDMI). Will be good for hackintosh build?

Or maybe GIGABYTE N650TOC-1GI (1GB DDR5 (5400MHz), NVIDIA GeForce GTX650 Ti (1032MHz), PCIe x16, SLi, 128bit, 2xDVI, HDMI)?

Thanks for help..

560Ti or 660Ti would be better.

I agree, the 560Ti or 660Ti would be better. The 650Ti/660, is not OOB right now, maybe when 10.8.3 comes out. For now, you have to install the new NVidia drivers to make it work.

There are VERY few graphics cards that work OOB , there are a few but... and to get any good performance out of the cards, you install the kexts. Be glad there are kexts for it! From what I read the 650 is one of the least problematic cards, if you stick to the reference design by nvidia.

My 560 Ti works out of the box as long as I boot into Unibeast install and into ML before Multibeast using PCIRootUID=0

Thanks to all for advise..I have got very good offer fo MSI HD6850 with 1GB RAM (R6850-PM2D1GD5). What about this card?

Ok, and one more question...what is better, using graphics enabler or not? and how I can discover, that my card is fully working?

Ok, and one more question...what is better, using graphics enabler or not? and how I can discover, that my card is fully working?

You want to use GraphicsEnabler=No over Yes, if everything works with =No. This means that you are not injecting a frame buffer or kext. Mountain Lion then would support your card natively with the built in drivers.

I use a Gigabyte GT640. This was listed by the TonyMacx86 Team. Keplar chips are supported in Mountain Lion well. As part of the updated NVIDIA drivers in OS X 10.8.2, Apple has now included native support for many high end NVIDIA cards. No extra injection or patches are needed to support the following cards or to enable OpenCL.

GK104

GeForce GTX 660 Ti
GeForce GTX 670
GeForce GTX 680

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back