Contribute
Register

New Nvidia Web Driver 346.01.01f01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nvidia Web Driver 346.01.01f01 Cant boot after update !!

I have just taken out my GTX 960, my intergrated graphic card is already enabled, but still no lock. I can't get it to boot. :problem:

Then that would say that it isn't the driver causing it not to boot.

Have you tried a different cable?

Hey,
i fixed this issue yesterday by accident. I was using DVI-D port so i tried the other port DVI-I and it fixed it but i dont know how lol !

Hey,
i fixed this issue yesterday by accident. I was using DVI-D port so i tried the other port DVI-I and it fixed it but i dont know how lol !

The port could be bad. That is the logical explanation but you could also try using a different cable on the DVI-D port. That would help narrow it down and if you still have issues it is likely the port.

Finally HDMI 2.0 is working on my LG 4K screen with GTX 980.

However in system preferences it displays as 120.5-inch (7680 x 4050) @ 24Hz, TV says (4096 x 2160 @ 24Hz) should be 49-inch (3840 x 2160) 60Hz. Tried pressing option key whilst selecting scaled resolutions but my screens resolution still isn't listed.

Hopefully next updates correct this but at this time happy to have HDMI 2.0 working sort of and higher resolution than 1980 x 1020.

Installed today, all worked well apart from CUDA processing no longer being available (checked Adobe CC and Blender).

Installed older web driver: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/83493

CUDA working again now...

They released an update to CUDA on the same day. You had to install the update to get CUDA back. Also, on that day the CUDA updater in System Preferences didn't see the update so you had to get it from the website.

I did exactly what a friend said on this post.

Update Cuda drivers and then Nvidia drivers.

DAZ3D finally recognized my gpu, but when I started to render after 30min rendering, my computer restarted automatically.

So I rolled back to old drivers again.

Waiting for new cuda and nvidia drivers....

I updated today and I lost audio. I don't use HDMI audio. Rolled back to the previous version and everything is fine.

I updated today and I lost audio. I don't use HDMI audio. Rolled back to the previous version and everything is fine.

When I updated, after the first reboot I had lost audio. Rebooted a second time and it all came back. This has happened after other updates as well.

This works for me in 10.10.2 all the time I need a NVIDIA installation or update.
You just need to change 2 files, reboot 4 times and you are done.

First you must disable NVIDIA:
1. Enter BIOS and change to integrated CPU graphics (motherboard internal card).
2. Save
3. Unplug HDMI cable from NVIDIA card and plug it to motherboard.
4. Boot to macOS with flags:
"nv_disable=1 nvd_drv=0 IGPEnabler=No -x -f GraphicsEnabler=No -no -zp" for chimera.
all the above plus "InjectNvidia=false" for clover.
If there is still a problem try also to limit memory: "-x -v maxmem=4096"

4. Change to default drivers. Then reboot again with above flags.

NOTE: Before you start It is a good idea to keep a backup of your "Info.plist" and "SystemVersion.plist" but not in the same directory they are installed.
Keep them in "downloads" or something, because double entries will spawn many boot messages.

5. Once in yosemite 10.02 try to install update and check the required OS id nvidia asks you.
Then go to:
/System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartup.kext/Contents/Info.plist
and change the value for NVDARequiredOS from 14C109 (or whatever is your sartup ID)
to 14C1514 (or the one NVIDIA installation ask you):

<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
<string>14C109</string>

to

<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
<string>14C1514</string> (This was the value that nvidia driver complained about)

6. For me I had to change /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist
also to 14C1514

Rebuild system cache (use terminal or run kextutil)
Then reboot again without Nvidia and install

7. Install drivers.(If fail, you need to reboot again with above flags)

8.Switch back to discrete graphics:
Go into your BIOS and switch the video output to PCIe0 or whatever PCIe slot you have your graphics card in.
Disable the integrated GPU
Save and exit.
Plug your video cable back into your graphics card’s port and you boot Mac OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back