Contribute
Register

New Nvidia drivers fix glitchy Fermi cards in Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: New Nvidia drivers fix glitchy Fermi cards in Mountain Lion

If Cinebench doesn't directly support the GPU you are using it uses the CPU to render the images instead of the GPU.

This has been proven by using a low end and high end unsupported NVIDIA card and getting basically the same frame rates with either card. Or take an unsupported card and over clock the CPU and see the frame rates jump over the standard card. Then do the same thing on a supported card and basically no change in frame rates.

This is also easily verified by having activity monitor's CPU load read out on while running Cinebench GPU benchmark. It will max out 1 CPU core at 100%. So the faster the CPU, the better the score.

New nVidia's drivers do not work for me, I can get to the home screen but when I type the password I can not reach the desktop back to the Home screen. I am using a GT430 running on ML 10.8.2

My trouble is awakening the hackintosh, the screen is frozen, but I can move the mouse ... the unique way of escape of the situation is restarting the hackintosh ... ideas?
:clap:Wooooh!!! :thumbup:Thx a lot, It work fine with my Gigabyte GT430 2GB on 10.8.1 but it worst on 10.8.2.......:arrow:stay use 10.8.1 ;)

Thx so much ill try to work on making my of a hacking own again

is this true.....I have EVGA GT 620 with both DVI ports used for Dual Screen. I'm trying to boot after using MultiBeast successful install then reboot. I get the colorful glitch screen. Is that because I'm using 10.8.2?
Should I only try this card with 10.8.1? Can anybody please help me!?!?!
B

its work on GeForce 9500 GT

What did you do to make it work ? it doesn't work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back