Contribute
Register

New Nvidia drivers fix glitchy Fermi cards in Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: New Nvidia drivers fix glitchy Fermi cards in Mountain Lion

I used MultiBeast and changed the system definition to MacPro5,1 but that made it kernel panic. Is there anything else I should to if I change the system definition?

please remove the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext in System-> Library-> Extensions to boot successfully without KP. It is for ECC memory module . or it is better to choose Macpro3,1, it is what tony recommended. If you use Edited AGPM for ur GPU to enable GPU power management and full power u should use Macpro 4,1 or 5,1. In normal condition safe to use MacPro3,1.

Finally can install ML on GA-X58A-UD7 Rev. 1 and gtx 470 can boot!!!!!! thanks....

Still doesn't work for me. Still freezes sometimes, even when installing the new drivers and the patch.
I think the problem is in the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext. I have tried to change the values, as describe in the forums, but still it crashes sometimes. When I delete the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext problems seems to be gone, but the GPU is getting very hot. (EVGA GTS 450)

Driver installed with it's native installer and without any glitch on my hackintosh (GeForce GT520 in MacPro3,1), sleep/wake works fine, CUDA is enabled (as shown in CUDA preferences) and no issues with OpenCL in Photoshop CS5 so no need to run this perl script.
Thank you tonymacx86 and thank you nVidia !

I've GT 430 2GB and ML, if I install this driver must I re-do in MultiBeast 2GB OpenCL Patch and OpenCL Enabler?

Thanks!

I successfully rolled back to my GT 430 from a GT 640 with these drivers. I deleted AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext, used multibeast to change system definition to MacPro 5,1, installed the drivers, get GraphicsEnabler to No in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist, powered down, swapped cards and voila! Couldn't have been easier. Also ran the OpenCL script posted here, as well as installed the newest CUDA driver.

Sleep and everything works perfect, but I still get a (smaller) flashing square in the top left hand corner of the display on the Login screen after the initial boot. Anyone know what that is caused from?

OpenCL script no work for me after 10.8.2 update.

I've got a 660 Ti running pretty smooth (only issue is that it seems capped on Cinebench at 40-45fps)... Is this update worthwhile for me? Don't want to mess anything up on a stable system :/

Article: New Nvidia drivers fix glitchy Fermi cards in Mountain Lion

As been stated, many, many times before:

CineBench is old and does NOT support NVIDIA 4xx / 5xx / 6xx cards.

The performance numbers you are getting are for your CPU and NOT your video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back