Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z390 Prime A
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
MSI Armor RX580
(Moving this post to Hardware to see if I can get areply here) Hi, my Catalina (latest) setup was working fine until my motherboard caught fire (!). I replaced my Aorus Z390 Elite with an Asus Z390 Prime A. No other hardware changes. My boot drive (Catalina only) was an M2 drive. After installing the new Mobo, I set the BIOS settings to the recommended ones. Trying to boot, I get the screenshot attached. Looking in the BIOS settings, under boot, its says "Windows Boot Manager" next to my M2 drive identifier. Not sure how to change this. The OS setting is "other OS".

I switched the M2 drive with a Windows install I had on another M2 drive and it booted Windows fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks all.

Attachments

• IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    666.9 KB · Views: 34
(Moving this post to Hardware to see if I can get areply here) Hi, my Catalina (latest) setup was working fine until my motherboard caught fire (!). I replaced my Aorus Z390 Elite with an Asus Z390 Prime A. No other hardware changes. My boot drive (Catalina only) was an M2 drive. After installing the new Mobo, I set the BIOS settings to the recommended ones. Trying to boot, I get the screenshot attached. Looking in the BIOS settings, under boot, its says "Windows Boot Manager" next to my M2 drive identifier. Not sure how to change this. The OS setting is "other OS".

I switched the M2 drive with a Windows install I had on another M2 drive and it booted Windows fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks all.

Hi there.

Your Catalina m.2 must have, or have had, Windows on it at some point. Check the EFI partition of it for a folder called "Microsoft".

Windows UEFI version stomps all over our Clover/OC EFIs. If you have Windows on a separate SSD, it should be safe to remove the references from the Catalina drive.

Windows Boot Manager indicates there are still traces there.

:)

That was it. Thank you. Mounted EFI in Windows and deleted MICROSOFT using Explorer++.

Now Clover loads off my NVME drive. Catalina crashes before loading... but that's another problem.

Original issue solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back