Contribute
Register

New MOBO won't shutdown Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm SOL ?

I'll delete the debug files. there's clearly not going to be any help. prune this thread if you like. it seems worthless at this point.

I'll delete the debug files. there's clearly not going to be any help. prune this thread if you like. it seems worthless at this point.
if you need help, then you need to upload your files so someone can take a look

I did. they were posted here since 11-19-19 and I bumped the thread to no avail so I just deleted them from the post.
I figure if no one has responded in 3 months, its not happening

I did. they were posted here since 11-19-19 and I bumped the thread to no avail so I just deleted them from the post.
oh ok

Hi there.

Okay, I'm late to the party - and I forgot to bring a bottle...

If you've explored the usual "FixShutdown" setting, and DarkWake=** there must be another reason why your PC won't budge -

Hardware attached to USB is one thing ...

MacPro5,1 system-definition has had serious issues with the memory driver AppleTyMCEDriver.kext. It is usually removed to get around this. Easier to avoid. To get Preview working there are other solutions like the oft-mentioned Lilu/Whatevergreen boot-command "shikigva=32 shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94" (not tested by me), or the now deprecated NoVPAJpeg.kext, which I did test and liked. Others use the iGPU to help.

Other ideas...

Have you checked the Power settings in BIOS?

Have you checked the LAN Wake setting in BIOS?

Have you checked PSU and the ATX connection?

Although you can't shut-down, can your PC sleep?

Try to go at the problem one step at a time to either confirm or eliminate. There are so many different PC comonent configurations out there, unless you find someone with the exact same hardware you have to go the long way round.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back