Contribute
Register

New Method for Enabling NVIDIA Web Drivers in Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't even know Chameleon supported Sierra or El Capitan for that matter. All of the tools for both of those OSes on here use Clover.
Enoch version is still supporting new OSX versions...I have to use it because on my outdated mobo I have no SATA 3.0 ports, so I use an expansion card that Clover can't see, while chameleon does...that's it

Last edited:
any hint how to fix with Chameleon? Tried nvda_drv=1 and didn't work

Chameleon in gerneral works already with Sierra!
To use new Nvidia Web driver (old way with key in org.chameleon.Boot.plist not work anymore in Sierra, bceause now it uses/checks NVRAM value), you have to add the FileNVRAM. dylib and in /L/E FileNVRAM.kext.
Then reboot.
Then sudo nvram nvda_drv=1
an nvram....plist will be generated in /Extra (and used on boot time)
Then reboot - Now Web Drivers should be loaded.

uploaded needed set for NVRAM with chameleon (10.11 and Sierra working).

Attachments

• FileNVRAM_El_Capitan for chameleon.zip
    39.8 KB · Views: 235
Chameleon in gerneral works already with Sierra!
To use new Nvidia Web driver (old way with key in org.chameleon.Boot.plist not work anymore in Sierra, bceause now it uses/checks NVRAM value), you have to add the FileNVRAM. dylib and in /L/E FileNVRAM.kext.
Then reboot.
Then sudo nvram nvda_drv=1
an nvram....plist will be generated in /Extra (and used on boot time)
Then reboot - Now Web Drivers should be loaded.

uploaded needed set for NVRAM with chameleon (10.11 and Sierra working).

I'm not sure I understood one thing: should I copy in EXTRA folder the FileNVRAM.dylib that is provided in your package or should I generate a personal one installing in /L/E FileNVRAM.kext and than typing sudo nvram nvda_drv=1 in the terminal?

EDIT: well, I went for the first way and it worked like a charm, thank you very much! :thumbup::wave:

Last edited:
I found that clicking the option under clover works also

Just click it under Graphics

Thanks so much ! It 's worked for me !

HP EliteDesk 800 G1 SFF

Installing... ! Hope it works !

555272.gif
As of macOS Sierra, nvda_drv=1 in config.plist under Boot > Arguments is no longer working to initiate drivers. Clover has been updated with a new System Parameter setting called NvidiaWeb.

There's a new method for enabling the NVIDIA Web Drivers in the latest versions of Clover (r3751+). It can be turned on and off by editing /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist to add SystemParameters/NvidiaWeb. This parameter takes the place of nvda_drv=1 boot flag, which may not work in macOS Sierra.

1. Mount EFI Partition
2. Open /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with text edit, Xcode, or Plist Editor Pro
3. Edit as shown below:

Code:
    <key>SystemParameters</key>
    <dict>
        <key>InjectKexts</key>
        <string>YES</string>
        <key>InjectSystemID</key>
        <true/>
        <key>NvidiaWeb</key>
        <true/>
    </dict>

4. Remove Boot/Arguments/nvda_drv=1 if necessary
5. Save and reboot

I have a NVIDIA 980 graphics card and per this post, I need the Clover r3751+ package. Whenever I go to Sourceforge to download that package, it gives me package number 3793. I have not been able to initiate the NVIDIA graphics card and need some help with this. Thanks.

555272.gif
As of macOS Sierra, nvda_drv=1 in config.plist under Boot > Arguments is no longer working to initiate drivers. Clover has been updated with a new System Parameter setting called NvidiaWeb.

There's a new method for enabling the NVIDIA Web Drivers in the latest versions of Clover (r3751+). It can be turned on and off by editing /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist to add SystemParameters/NvidiaWeb. This parameter takes the place of nvda_drv=1 boot flag, which may not work in macOS Sierra.

1. Mount EFI Partition
2. Open /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with text edit, Xcode, or Plist Editor Pro
3. Edit as shown below:

Code:
    <key>SystemParameters</key>
    <dict>
        <key>InjectKexts</key>
        <string>YES</string>
        <key>InjectSystemID</key>
        <true/>
        <key>NvidiaWeb</key>
        <true/>
    </dict>
4. Remove Boot/Arguments/nvda_drv=1 if necessary
5. Save and reboot
:cry: Sadly did not work for me, went to the old blank/black screen, had to reboot and disable nv. I just updated to Sierra today and was exited at first it was no longer running of OS X default drivers, was able to update via NVIDIA Driver Manager to latest, but none of that worked, now it's back to OS X default.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back