Contribute
Register

New Mac Hobbyist In Search For Some Basic Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry hugesabrina,

I personally do not mess with the SPEEDSTEP functionality. My CPU don't always run at full speed so I don't fully understand why yours is. I never added any kext to get my network working. I outlined what I did above your post how I did get my network functioning. That is what worked for me.

I have since upgraded to Lion 10.7 and everything is working except sleep mode currently

@ Logan Grey

Do you have already updated to Lion 10.7.3?

I also have the mainboard Asus P5Q Deluxe and i'm trying to find the correct audio kext, but i can't find one :(
Every time i try to install a VoodooHDA from Multibeast, i get a kernel panic failure :(

My Setup:

MB: Asus P5Q Deluxe
Graphic: Nvidia GTX560-Ti
CPU: Intel Core2Quad Q8300

Hi,

I'm trying to install Snow Leopard (or Lion anyway that is not the problem here). Until now I have successfully installed several hackinotsh system (including ASUS 1201n, Toshiba NB200, Dell Precision T3500, several custom rigs including motherboards such as ASUS P5k SE, ASUS P5G41C-M LX, and a couple of Gigabyte mobos).

A few days ago i update my rig from ASUS P5G41C-M LX to ASUS P5Q Deluxe, as expected windows was unable to boot as the motherboard was no longer operating on IDE mode, but for my surprise SL was able to boot and the only thing that wasn't properly working was ethernet card and sleep, i also decided to change my HDD to a Velociraptor, so I copied the installation to new HDD and changed installation method from EasyBeast to UserDSDT, everything was working to the perfection, but i bought a new WiFi SMC EZ Connect, i installed it but it made the system to panic.

So i decided to reinstall from the scratch. I have tried every booter, and all the possible changes on BIOS, i have update to the official ones, to the modified bios with the dsdt patches. And in any case I haven't managed to go beyond the 10.6 install, the system simply doesnt accept the 10.6.8 update as it says that there is some kind of problem with the present hardware. I have trayed a lot of booters and many kinds of hacking: kext enabled, DSDT patching and Modbios by shamux, in all of them the error remain the same (in order to boot with iBoot, I must use PCIRootUID=1).

I's quite confusing.

My system:

ASUS P5Q Deluxe
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
8 GB DDR2 800MHz(ony plugued 4 at time of install, to avoid problems)
ASUS GTX470
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k rpm
WD10EADS
WD10EARS
WD20EARS
WD5000AAKS
IDE DVD Writter

Any kind ideas will be very appreciated.
I would really like to thanks to all, the incredible work made here.

I managed to boto back to my OSX intall by reinstalling unmodifiyed asus last revision BIOS but after installing some things stays on waiting for root device i don't know what the prooblem might be, any help?

Epicor said:
@ Logan Grey

Do you have already updated to Lion 10.7.3?

I also have the mainboard Asus P5Q Deluxe and i'm trying to find the correct audio kext, but i can't find one :(
Every time i try to install a VoodooHDA from Multibeast, i get a kernel panic failure :(

My Setup:

MB: Asus P5Q Deluxe
Graphic: Nvidia GTX560-Ti
CPU: Intel Core2Quad Q8300

Ditch VoodooHDA now, your solution is here; http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=60303

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back