Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. iMac
THIS THREAD ENTAILS SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLING SNOW LEOPARD 10.6.8 ON

ASUS P5Q DELUXE MOTHERBOARD

Hello Everyone ,

I just purchased the Lion OS X 10.7 from the Apple store and excited to build my very first Hobby Mac Machine. Curious to know if anyone can tell me if I have the sufficient compatible components to run Lion OS X? The important components are listed as follows:

1. Asus - P5Q Deluxe MB
2. CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo
3. Chipset - Intel P45/ICH10R with Intel® Fast Memory Access(FMA) support.
4. Original Non Compatible Graphics - ATI Radeon 4600 series video card
5. Switched To: ---> EVGA GeForce GTX260 Core 216 896MB DDR3 Graphics card
6. LAN - Dual Gigabit LAN controllers Marvell 88E8056/88E8001
7. Audio - ADI AD2000B 8-channel High Definition Audio CODEC
8. 4 Gig DDR2 memory

I do appreciate anyone's time in sharing their experience and pointing me to the right place that will lay out some good instructions on which proper application tools needed and where you may feel is the best place to get the other organized step by step instructions so I may get started for my 1st attempt at this. There is just so much information out here it kinda almost leaves me overwhelmed where to really go for a sound approach.

By the way this is my current custom PC I had previously built so you'll know I'm a little experienced at least but not a know it all by any means. Thank you so much in advance.. Logan

Re: New Hackingtosh

Your parts are outdated but I'm pretty sure they can work with a lot of work.. Are you looking to upgrade at all.

Also update your sig to include your parts and 4600 series? try be more specific such as 4890 etc.

Hello Cavejo3,

When you say my parts being outdated which ones? This motherboard has quite a bit of bells and whistles but again you likely referring to chip set and so forth. If me getting another video card or a new sound card the problem that is doable for me. I just built this system in October 2010 so when you say my stuff outdated kinda hurts but the truth usually does. I do appreciate anybody's knowledge and thanks so much ..

09-09-2011

Updated Since ----> EVGA GeForce GTX260 Core 216 896MB DDR3 (Graphics Card)

Logan Grey said:
Hello Everyone,

I just purchased the Lion OS X 10.7 from the Apple store and excited to build my very first Hobby Mac Machine. Curious to know if anyone can tell me if I have the sufficient compatible components to run Lion OS X? The important components are listed as follows:

1. Asus - P5Q Deluxe MB
2. CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo
3. Chipset - Intel P45/ICH10R with Intel® Fast Memory Access(FMA) support.
4. Display Adapter - ATI Radeon 4600 series video card
5. LAN - Dual Gigabit LAN controllers Marvell 88E8056/88E8001
6. Audio - ADI AD2000B 8-channel High Definition Audio CODEC
7. 4 Gig DDR2 memory

I do appreciate anyone's time in sharing their experience and pointing me to the right place that will lay out some good instructions on which proper application tools needed and where you may feel is the best place to get the other organized step by step instructions so I may get started for my 1st attempt at this. There is just so much information out here it kinda almost leaves me overwhelmed where to really go for a sound approach.

By the way this is my current custom PC I had previously built so you'll know I'm a little experienced at least but not a know it all by any means. Thank you so much in advance.. Logan

Prey tell, how did you buy Lion via the Apple store? they won't be selling the OS on any physical media until September * 8GiB stick for $69*. Just curious is all, cause i would like to buy it direct so i can have a few copies for my future Hack, *Building my second one slowly atm.*

~~Grave

Sorry Grave for that confusion I downloaded from the Apple store.

I'm working on how to update my profile but seeming to have a bit of a problem but in the meantime any help appreciated. I may be going to bed soon as I just got home from work so if I don't respond for a few hours please forgive me but i will indeed be checking this post daily.

Having trouble updating my sig. I can view my profile but changing I'm still looking stupid of and sorry. I'll figure it out eventually but my parts better described as follows.

1. Asus PQ5 Deluxe MB LGA775 socket for Intel
2. CPU is Intel E8500 Core 2 Duo
3. Video Card is Radeon HD 4670
4. Sound - ADI AD2000B HD Audio codec 8-channel through Soundmax on board

Will these part be sufficient with a Lion OS X 10.7 Install and I would upgrade yes as updates come available. Thanks for any replies.. I will check back later I got to go to bed.

So do you have a working Hackintosh with snow leopard installed atm? or how did you get Lion?

Hey Cave,

My computer currently is only running Windows 7 with a dual boot configuration with an additional Win 7 OS on another separate HD. I've never had a Hackingtosh so this will be my first OS X on the system.

Whether true or not being a noob I've read you either need to install Leopard or Snow Leopard 1st and finally the Lion to get it all updated to the latest OS X but I'm not completely sold just yet that is the only absolute way this can be done being you can successfully install the Leopard versions on a new clean install on a non previous Hackintosh then why logically couldn't you do the same using the same tonymac tools or other hackingtosh tools out there currently being used with the Leopard and do the exact same in building their very 1st Hackintosh system with the full retail Lion OS X ? This I'm curious to know before I get down to the nitty gritty.

I have the OS X Lion downloaded from the Apple store and already burned the .dmg to create the OS X Lion install DVD. I also created the iBoot disk this is far as I've gone at this point. My ultimate dream is to have what I see others having and that is reaching my goal achieving a dual boot configuration meaning I'll be able to boot either of my Window 7 installs or my new OS X Lion.

I hope someone can help me get where I want to go and thanks to anyone who takes interest in helping me. I'm in no rush as I take pride taking my time and doing things right
so I can achieve the best possible experience ..I will check back minimal once daily if not periodically throughout each day for responses. I appreciatively respond to each one who posts to my search for advice and help. Thank you..

Hey, I have a similar set up.

You will need to get kexts for the soundcard and network adaptor for your motherboard.

Network is easy http://www.kexts.com/view/669-marvell_y ... e8056.html this kext will work with 10.7 as long as you don't need DHCP (I haven't tested DHCP in 10.7).

Soundcard.. not so easy, I have a collection of kexts that will work in 32bit mode perfectly, but no dice with 64bit. VoodooHDA which is an alternative driver (in windows parlance) works but gives a lot of noise. I'm looking at getting the AD2000b working by patching AppleHDA.kext and DSDL. The first version of VoodooHDA included with multibeast works well with no distortion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back