Contribute
Register

New Intel NUC NUC8i7BEH compatibily

Status
Not open for further replies.
coool! will give it a try when home..!

Ok finally did a fresh install of Mojave’s... reboots worked fine with that extra Efi file:)

But after latest reboot I end in clover select“boot macOS from drive“

Then it loads but I see the mouse pointer for a second and then it reboots... some kind of display issue maybe?!?

Video: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eDkw3vXjzS61dYVfMV0QzTwWHZimiG1p

Attachments

• A0E8466F-A02C-4251-B730-BD579A8D2019.jpeg
    A0E8466F-A02C-4251-B730-BD579A8D2019.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 316
Last edited:
Ok finally did a fresh install of Mojave’s... reboots worked fine with that extra Efi file:)

But after latest reboot I end in clover select“boot macOS from drive“

Then it loads but I see the mouse pointer for a second and then it reboots... some kind of display issue maybe?!?

Video: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eDkw3vXjzS61dYVfMV0QzTwWHZimiG1p

Make sure you're following my guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...efi-nuc7i7bnh-nuc7i5bnk-nuc7i3bnh-etc.261711/

But, of course, use config_install_nuc8_bc.plist (installation), config_nuc8_bc.plist (post install), and 'make install_nuc8bc' and taking in account other differences identified in this thread.

Last edited:
i did... this is my small guide (mostly from your url):

https://gist.github.com/mstaack/1c0ed921983ad4a2a2fb584d32030095

The image in post #54 proves you didn't follow my guide.

And if you have an issue, reply with PR files as per guide/FAQ request.

Your gist didn't plagiarize my post-install instructions :)

And if you have a not-so-current Lilu.kext (eg. you're not building from source), you might need to add lilucpu=10.

And your advice for legacy boot is wrong for this device. As discussed earlier in this thread, you need to enable legacy boot.

Eventually, I'll publish a complete NUC8 guide (separate guide thread, even though it shares a github repo), as there are a few important details slightly different than the NUC7 (mentioned in this thread as we have worked through the issues).

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your hard work and support @RehabMan.
I just successfully migrated from a Nuc6i3SYH to a NUC8i5BEK, both realized thanks to you and your precious guides.

My NUC8i5 works pretty well, including iMessage.
I have video glitches on my 4K screen DELL P2415 using HDMI, that I didn't have with a 1080p LG.
I had similar issues on the NUC3 with HDMI and I fixed it by using a miniDP->DP cable.
The usbC->DP cable in on its way to fix the issue with the NUC8 hopefully.

I only struggle to get the Bluetooth working with a IOgear USB dongle. I would like to use Apple Continuity.
It didn't work on my NUC6 either. I will investigate furthermore and maybe ask for some support later on.

Anyway thank you very much, I would have tried this adventude without you

Cheers

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your hard work and support @RehabMan.
I just successfully migrated from a Nuc6i3SYH to a NUC8i5BEK, both realized thanks to you and your precious guides.

My NUC8i5 works pretty well, including iMessage.
I have video glitches on my 4K screen DELL P2415 using HDMI, that I didn't have with a 1080p LG.
I had similar issues on the NUC3 with HDMI and I fixed it by using a miniDP->DP cable.
The usbC->DP cable in on its way to fix the issue with the NUC8 hopefully.

I only struggle to get the Bluetooth working with a IOgear USB dongle. I would like to use Apple Continuity.
It didn't work on my NUC6 either. I will investigate furthermore and maybe ask for some support later on.

Anyway thank you very much, I would have tried this adventude without you

Cheers

For 4k, you should try adding the -cdfon flag (it is a kernel flag for WhateverGreeen.kext that enables functionality formerly in CoreDisplayFixup.kext).

I'm reluctant to add it to the repo by default, but it is easy for individuals with 4k displays to try it.

The image in post #54 proves you didn't follow my guide.

And if you have an issue, reply with PR files as per guide/FAQ request.

Your gist didn't plagiarize my post-install instructions :)

And if you have a not-so-current Lilu.kext (eg. you're not building from source), you might need to add lilucpu=10.

And your advice for legacy boot is wrong for this device. As discussed earlier in this thread, you need to enable legacy boot.

Eventually, I'll publish a complete NUC8 guide (separate guide thread, even though it shares a github repo), as there are a few important details slightly different than the NUC7 (mentioned in this thread as we have worked through the issues).

I would like to see your complete NUC8 guide Rehabman.
I'm planning to upgrade from NUC5 to NUC8.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back