Contribute
Register

New Intel NUC NUC8i7BEH compatibily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Main problem I have at this point is that shutdown or restart causes a hang (sleep too). I doubt fixing WhateverGreen.kext will help, but I'll do that first before continuing. Then I have a bunch of other things to try...

Do you have the lockup problem on restart/shutdown on your system?

I found one other user that had the same issue on desktop with CoffeeLake.

And the issue was resolved with a BIOS update:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...or-coffee-lake-cpu.238311/page-7#post-1832464

So, I guess there is hope that Intel will provide a similar fix in BIOS eventually.

(also, ran into another laptop CoffeeLake user that has the same issue, but don't have the link handy)

Looks like the shutdown/reboot issue is common among Coffee Lake platform.

So, I guess there is hope that Intel will provide a similar fix in BIOS eventually.

Can we push Intel to make the BIOS fix faster? They also have a forum community and many Intel customer service people are answering questions there. The only challenging part is how to describe the issue to Intel. I don't think we can say that we are installing macOS on NUC.

926F9228-09FC-4232-AB6E-D7AD9A22CD40.jpeg
F119B6E7-19A0-4949-99E0-3F5226F8983D.jpeg
Was able to successfully install Mojave 10.14.1 beta 4 with full graphics acceleration and it seems decently stable with the exception of power management (hard shutdowns /reboot freeze) as previously noted.

Standing by for updated BIOS.

Was able to successfully install Mojave 10.14.1 beta 4 with full graphics acceleration

Glad to see that everything is working on your nuc. I'm now trying to fix iMessages but having difficulties to generate a valid serial number matching MacBookPro15,2 model. The Clover Configurator didn't have the MacBookPro15,2 model in the list. Do you know the S/N 4-digit Suffix for this model? Maybe I can just use the older iMac16,2 model instead.

The Clover Configurator didn't have the MacBookPro15,2 model in the list.

You are either mistaken or your Clover Configurator is not up to date :

SMBIOS.png

Maybe I can just use the older iMac16,2 model instead.

I'm using iMac16,2.
Generally, I use an invalid serial#... (I use G0 prefix).

You are either mistaken or your Clover Configurator is not up to date

Thank you for the info. I was able to get an S/N with latest Clover Configurator v5.2.1.0. My previous version was Clover Configurator Vibrant, seems a little bit dated. I've got my iMessage working using MacBookPro15,2 with newly generated S/N. The 4-digit suffix for MacBookPro15,2 is JHCD.

thanks for all your work & testings!

I am planning to run MacOS on my NUC8-I5 soon... looks like we are missing a fix for the standard reboot/shutdown issue?

did anyone get the thunderbolt/firewire connection to work?(will need that for an audio interface..not display)

so i build my personal rough setup guide: https://gist.github.com/mstaack/1c0ed921983ad4a2a2fb584d32030095

after installation "12 minutes remaining" i did a power off (as stated in a post here)

then clover -> boot Installation from disk (not usb default installl)

then i boot into the "continued" "setup screen and it hangs with "about 15 minutes to install"

any ideas what i am doing wrong? (have not used self compiled lilu/whatsgreen for installation the latest release should be ok?)

cheers max

You’re not doing anything wrong. All of us have experienced this and it’s due to cpu power management and it’s going to require a BIOS update from intel. I’m not sure how we’d be able to push our request on the IntelNUC forum, but this is all I’m waiting on for.

I had to do my install on my Hackintosh desktop (Z370-P + i5-8600k), remove the SSD and reinstall in the NUC8i5. From there I booted from USB and got into Mojave with full graphics acceleration(on a 4k display via HDMI) it was decently stable but I experienced a random shutdown when I went to change my startup disk in System Preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back