Contribute
Register

New install for ASUS TUF Gaming Z790-Plus WiFi D4 w/i7-13700K CPU

@Leesureone and @Edhawk,

I'll try both your solutions tomorrow morning. Thanks so much for your help.
You can ignore the bit about mapping your USB Ports to get audio working. I assumed, since you were loading AppleALCU.kext, it was USB based which it is not. With Mr. Hawk adding in the correct AppleALC.kext to your EFI that may be all you needed.

You can ignore the bit about mapping your USB Ports to get audio working. I assumed, since you were loading AppleALCU.kext, it was USB based which it is not. With Mr. Hawk adding in the correct AppleALC.kext to your EFI that may be all you needed.
Nope, no joy with @Edhawk's EFI. I'm going to have to (re)do a USB map.

BTW, here is what the sound output choices are:

Screenshot 2023-11-05 at 11.35.32 AM.png

Did the EFI I posted boot your system to the OS?
What didn't work, just the Audio?

Did the EFI I posted boot your system to the OS?
What didn't work, just the Audio?
Yes, I've only tried your EFI so far. It booted fine. Audio is as I described above. I haven't tested everything yet.

OK, that just means the alcid=13 boot argument doesn't work.

You need to edit the config.plist and try some of the other layout-ids in place of layout-id 13.

Start at alcid=1 and work up through the possible ids.

1, 2, 3, 5, & 7 are generic ids for your audio codec.

Check each ID in System Information, Hackintool > Sound and the System Settings > Sound pane to see if the internal options are displayed.

Yes, I've only tried your EFI so far. It booted fine. Audio is as I described above. I haven't tested everything yet.
it may be worth generating a HPET.aml along with required Find and Replace entries for your config.plist:

don't forget to reset nvram when you make any changes :)

Wahoo!! Audio is working! I used the advice from @Edhawk and @Leesureone.

So, my Asus Z790-Plus is working. The NootRX.kext got my RX 6700 XT working. The audio is working by replacing AppleALCU.kext with AppleALC.kext and using alcid=13 in the boot arguments. Additionally, all my DeviceProperties are commented out, and I didn't have to redo my USB map to get audio working. Wahoo!

I'm now enjoying some music on my system that I've not heard in years (The Original Onions).:lol:

Thank you all for your advice. :clap::thumbup:

Last edited:
hi, I updated BIOS to 1402 but lost user profile and user profile from USB created on older bios BIOS not work. I set all settings manually but getting instant reboots right after login into macOS. Can you kindly share your BIOS settings? thank you.
Sorry, only just seen this...do you still need them?

Sorry, only just seen this...do you still need them?
hello, no, I downgraded bios back and preset workes again. system is now stable

Hi everyone! This is a new one. I'm building my 2nd hack and went for the z790-plus with DDR5 RAM. I cloned my old hack and changed the EFI with the one I'm attaching. It boots well, but after a minute crash.
Would someone be so kind to check my EFI and see if somethings wrong?
My CPU is a i7-14700K.
Thanks!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9.1 MB · Views: 14
Back