Contribute
Register

New install for ASUS TUF Gaming Z790-Plus WiFi D4 w/i7-13700K CPU

OK so I've spent a few hours. I have working Wifi but bluetooth is giving me a challenge.

I'm on Ventura 13.6.1

I added these values to NVRAM:

Screenshot 2023-11-28 at 8.26.23 AM.png

However, when I enter the data value 0000000000000000000000000000 for bluetoothInternalControllerInfo, I get a black screen when I boot.

I could swear I've read something about this but can't find the solution (to the black screen, that is; I don't know if BT works because I can't see anything).

Reverting to a blank data value at bluetoothInternalControllerInfo allows me to boot, but bluetooth won't work.

Kexts I'm using:

AirportItlwm-Ventura
BlueToolFixup
IntelBlueToothFirmware.kext
IntelBTPather.kext

I could be very close or a mile away and I don't know which.

Anyone got BT and Wifi both working on the stock board hardware?

Thank you.

EDIT: I can now boot again and have video with blutetoothInternalControllerInfo data set (twenty-eight zeros in a row as above). However my Bluetooth still shows NULL in system info. Hm...

Last edited:
OK so I've spent a few hours. I have working Wifi but bluetooth is giving me a challenge.

I'm on Ventura 13.6.1

However, when I enter the data value 0000000000000000000000000000 for bluetoothInternalControllerInfo, I get a black screen when I boot.

I could swear I've read something about this but can't find the solution (to the black screen, that is; I don't know if BT works because I can't see anything).

Reverting to a blank data value at bluetoothInternalControllerInfo allows me to boot, but bluetooth won't work.

Kexts I'm using:

AirportItlwm-Ventura
BlueToolFixup
IntelBTPather.kext

Thank you.

EDIT: I can now boot again and have video with blutetoothInternalControllerInfo data set (twenty-eight zeros in a row as above). However my Bluetooth still shows NULL in system info. Hm...

Hi there

Please attach photos or screengrabs to your posts. Do not send members to another site to view them.

Thank you.

:)

I'm on Ventura 13.6.1

Kexts I'm using:

AirportItlwm-Ventura
BlueToolFixup
IntelBTPather.kext

Thank you.

What version of the Bluetooth kexts are you using? With BrcmPatchRAM release 2.6.8, and the associated kexts it contains, you shouldn't need those arguments anymore.

What version of the Bluetooth kexts are you using? With BrcmPatchRAM release 2.6.8, and the associated kexts it contains, you shouldn't need those arguments anymore.

Hello,

I added 2.6.8 and now have the following kexts:

Screenshot 2023-11-28 at 8.25.47 AM.png

I also deleted the arguments:

Screenshot 2023-11-28 at 8.25.28 AM.png

However, I am still faced with a NULL in sys info:

Screenshot 2023-11-28 at 8.25.05 AM.png

Thanks for your help!

Hello,

I added 2.6.8 and now have the following kexts:

View attachment 575060

I also deleted the arguments:

View attachment 575061

However, I am still faced with a NULL in sys info:

View attachment 575062

Thanks for your help!
Does the Intel card show in Hackintool under the USB tab? Bluetooth requires a properly mapped USB port to work. You can try disabling any USB mapping you have and add and then enable UsbInjectAll.kext and enable Xhciportlimit quirk in your config.plist under Kernel Quirks. That usually will enable ALL ports.

Aha, that makes sense. I'll look at that ASAP. Thank you.

Aha, that makes sense. I'll look at that ASAP. Thank you.
That’s a temporary fix to see if Bluetooth works, you’d want to map your usb ports to get a reliable working install.

You don't need agdpmod=pikera when using a Polaris (RX 580) or Vega (56/64) graphics card.

That boot argument is only require when using a Navi (AMD 5000-series or 6000-series) card.

There are a number of INTEL WiFi/BT cards that can be installed with the drivers from the Asus Support page for your motherboard. So you need to tell us which card you are using in your system. Easiest way to do this is via the Hackintool > PCIe tab, as it will show the vendor/device ids for the card and the name. My Broadcom card is highlighted in the screenshot below, as an example.

Screenshot 2023-11-28 at 19.02.10.png Hackintool > PCIe tab

Does the Intel card show in Hackintool under the USB tab? Bluetooth requires a properly mapped USB port to work. You can try disabling any USB mapping you have and add and then enable UsbInjectAll.kext and enable Xhciportlimit quirk in your config.plist under Kernel Quirks. That usually will enable ALL ports.

Thanks for this. It doesn't. I suspect that in addition to whatever else, I have a map problem. This is the first board I use with this many headers. It looks like i need to map USB again.

You don't need agdpmod=pikera when using a Polaris (RX 580) or Vega (56/64) graphics card.

Thank you. It was ambitious but the budget got in the way. I removed the argument.

That boot argument is only require when using a Navi (AMD 5000-series or 6000-series) card.

There are a number of INTEL WiFi/BT cards that can be installed with the drivers from the Asus Support page for your motherboard. So you need to tell us which card you are using in your system. Easiest way to do this is via the Hackintool > PCIe tab, as it will show the vendor/device ids for the card and the name. My Broadcom card is highlighted in the screenshot below, as an example.

Sorry, I got confused and probably need to take a step back: Does the board itself, bare, come with built-in Intel or Broadcom, or are you saying there are versions with either chips for BT?

Thank you.

Back