Contribute
Register

New install for ASUS TUF Gaming Z790-Plus WiFi D4 w/i7-13700K CPU

One more question. What SMBIOS is better for i5-13600KF CPU, MacPro7.1 or iMacPro1.1?
I honestly don't have that much knowledge about that but I gathered for my build I used MacPro7.1. I think others have used the other as well.

Hopefully somebody will chime in with the differences and convince me otherwise. I'll stay on 7,1 for now.

I honestly don't have that much knowledge about that but I gathered for my build I used MacPro7.1. I think others have used the other as well.

Hopefully somebody will chime in with the differences and convince me otherwise. I'll stay on 7,1 for now.
I am using MacPro7,1 now with X299 and i7, it working great, performance results even higher compared to Windows.
But I am not sure whether i5 is correctly supported by MacOS with MacPro7,1

Regarding your build.
  • Do you have sleep/wake working?
  • Is there something which does not work properly?
  • I download EFI you kindly provided, generate new serials, checking OC0.9.2 compatibility.
  • I have just MacOS on the machine, no dual boot or so.
  • Another difference is graphics, as I have RX570, which normally works perfectly fine with Lilu and Whatevergreen.
  • CPU is KF version without iGPU, not sure wether I have to change something in boot arguments.
  • I will not use WiFi and BT as well as Thunderbolt.
  • I did not find USBMap.kext inside your EFI. Is this redundant for this build?
  • There are plenty of files inside Resources folder, many MP3 audio etc. Is these somehow important to keep?
If you or anyone else kindly check what I have to take into account before I switch between X299 and Z790, It helps me a lot. Never before I have change platform on the fly and my skills are very funny.

Last edited:
I use this one to install macOS, only difference is SecureBootModel is set to Disabled.

Obviously the USB kext has been made specifically for this build too...

View attachment 566312
Hi, in you EFI there is USBMap.kext. Is this build working fine including sleep/wake and graphics? Thank you

And the last question today (sorry for my intensity). Can I use the same serials from X299 for new machine to prevent any issues with 3th party audio plugins licences registered to X299 computer

my undstanding is the D4 board takes DDR4 memory and the D5 board takes DDR5 memory - i have the D4 and DDR4 memory
I noticed that I ordered TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS with DDR5. Checking the differences, and it looks like DDR5 vs DDR4 is the only difference. All other components are the same. Hope it will work the same

Good to hear. My newly ordered setup is:

Intel 13600KF
ASUS TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS
Kingston FURY 64GB KIT DDR5 5600MHz CL40 Beast Black
RX570 4GB
DeepCool LT720 SE
Fractal Design Meshify 2 Lite White
4x1TB SSD M2 NVMe

Even the mainboard provides BT and wifi, I will not use it.

Hope USB-C will work as my MOTU M2 audio interface supports it.

My current X299 is working perfect, including wake/sleep. I am on OC 0.9.2 and Ventura 13.4.

I will be very glad to get some help here from you during tomorrow and weekend.

Is there anything I have to do prior upgrade? When I assemble new PC, I just want to take current X299 MacOS ssd with new replaced EFI with new serials and put it into new machine.
I would back up your data first and then create a USB Bootable drive and test it from that, also instead of using the existing installation I would start fresh so you don't inherit any issues from past installs but that is up to you. If everything is working as expected or close to then transfer the EFI over to the SSD.

Last edited:
And the last question today (sorry for my intensity). Can I use the same serials from X299 for new machine to prevent any issues with 3th party audio plugins licences registered to X299 computer
Yes but you have to keep the same system definition as your previous build

Hi, in you EFI there is USBMap.kext. Is this build working fine including sleep/wake and graphics? Thank you
Graphics are fine, sleep isn't 100% yet but does work (Need double press on wake about 10 seconds apart and the first time sleeping it takes longer for some reason).

Back