Contribute
Register

New install for ASUS TUF Gaming Z790-Plus WiFi D4 w/i7-13700K CPU

Thank you very much for kind support and for being responsive. Now it is time to install 400+ audio plugins from cca 40+ vendors :)

here Geekbench result:

geekbench.png

Encouraged by very good performance and reasonable wattage of i5-13600KF I tried to test i7-13700KF. On stock settings, it eats way more power. It outperforms i5-13600KF but eats 237W instead of 158W of i5, so 25% more performance for 50% more power. Undervolting by -0.2V can put power draw under 200W by maintaining the same performance. So I will take it.
13700KF R23.png

Last edited:
Enjoy it ….

Encouraged by very good performance and reasonable wattage of i5-13600KF I tried to test i7-13700KF. On stock settings, it eats way more power. It outperforms i5-13600KF but eats 237W instead of 158W of i5, so 25% more performance for 50% more power. Undervolting by -0.2V can put power draw under 200W by maintaining the same performance. So I will take it.View attachment 567515
Nice, so you returned the i5 in favor of the i7 which you under volted? If that's true what are your geek bench results now?

Nice, so you returned the i5 in favor of the i7 which you under volted? If that's true what are your geek bench results now?
My Geekbench is not good in multicore no matter if stock or unvervolted. single core is perfect but multicore is low, practically no improvement over [email protected]. But in line with other 13700KF macos machines. I do not know why is t hat. Cinebench R23 is completely different story. I got right results for this CPU similar to those published on internet. Undervolting/Overclocking is a little bit more difficult here as Sync all cores in BIOS does not boot. So I just undervolt via adaptive control.
1686255462146.png

Last edited:
My Geekbench is not good in multicore no matter if stock or unvervolted. single core is perfect but multicore is low, practically no improvement over [email protected]. But in line with other 13700KF macos machines. I do not know why is t hat. Cinebench R23 is completely different story. I got right results for this CPU similar to those published on internet. Undervolting/Overclocking is a little bit more difficult here as Sync all cores in BIOS does not boot. So I just undervolt via adaptive control.View attachment 567555
You might try adding the kext I linked here and see if it helps your multicore score:

Attachments

• CpuTopologyRebuild.kext.zip
    10.4 KB · Views: 22
You might try adding the kext I linked here and see if it helps your multicore score:
Wow, this looks like P-Cores/E-Cores compatibility kext? Will check it asap and let you know. Do I need anything replaced by this kext or just adding? Do you use this kext?

Last edited:
with kext geekbench 6 is even worse

1686287078113.png

Back