Contribute
Register

New install for ASUS TUF Gaming Z790-Plus WiFi D4 w/i7-13700K CPU

I used D-an-W efi everything boot quickly with my 13.4 Ventura on SSD however it is restarting every 1-2 minutes

this is the error

Attachments

• IMG_0502.jpeg
    IMG_0502.jpeg
    6.4 MB · Views: 29
maybe wrong bios settings? can you provide what need to be set in bios?

maybe wrong bios settings? can you provide what need to be set in bios?
See here, it’s a z690 build but bios settings should be the same with the exception of thunderbolt.

I tried clean install but it is still the same issue instant reboot after sucessufull boot into ventura. I have RX570, isnt issue in the EFI of guys with RX6xxx
  • Boot Argument agdpmod=pikera
this should be disabled for rx570?

I tried clean install but it is still the same issue instant reboot after sucessufull boot into ventura. I have RX570, isnt issue in the EFI of guys with RX6xxx
  • Boot Argument agdpmod=pikera
this should be disabled for rx570?
Yes, it should just work without it, usually it would still boot even with it enabled but that may vary. Were you using that video card in your X299 system?

yes that card is working perfectly

Attachments

• EFI2.zip
    11.3 MB · Views: 64
I kept computer off for a couple of hours and now after starting it works with any issues? Maybe it was tired somehow

S
I kept computer off for a couple of hours and now after starting it works with any issues? Maybe it was tired somehow
Great! Sometimes your system may reboot before it finishes loading the OS or at least I find with newer generation hardware that’s not that unusual. If it gets all the way past log in then reboots or panics that’s another issue.

Back