Contribute
Register

New install for ASUS TUF Gaming Z790-Plus WiFi D4 w/i7-13700K CPU

Is there any option for ethernet something to change in config.plist in order to fix my issue where a software online activation is not possible. ecause of security reasons.

There is something wrong with the ethernet on this build but I have no idea what to do.

I got response from developer support like this:

There usually is a security error 5 message that involves SINE not being able to read the mac address, but in this case we are not even getting an error message so I cannot tell if that is the issue.

What happened with the other customer in a similar situation is that he had a damaged ethernet component. Since MAC uses the information on this ethernet component (not sure of the technicalities), SINE was not able to connect. I see the ethernet component is also referenced on the VI control thread, but that involved the security error message which we are not getting here.

Is there any option for ethernet something to change in config.plist in order to fix my issue where a software online activation is not possible. ecause of security reasons.

There is something wrong with the ethernet on this build but I have no idea what to do.

I got response from developer support like this:

There usually is a security error 5 message that involves SINE not being able to read the mac address, but in this case we are not even getting an error message so I cannot tell if that is the issue.

What happened with the other customer in a similar situation is that he had a damaged ethernet component. Since MAC uses the information on this ethernet component (not sure of the technicalities), SINE was not able to connect. I see the ethernet component is also referenced on the VI control thread, but that involved the security error message which we are not getting here.
A couple of suggestions, check about this mac and run the system report. See what the Ethernet BSD Device Name is, hopefully is says en0

Then remember you deleted all the Device Properties from your config.plist? Try adding the Device Path for your Ethernet controller which you can get from the Hackintool app under the Pcie tab. Save your config.plist and then reboot, clear the NVRAM and cross your fingers.

BSD Device Name.jpg
Device Path.jpg
Config.jpg

I did it but when I insert F3158680 as device ID for ethernet, internet does not work

I did it but when I insert F3158680 as device ID for ethernet, internet does not work
Don’t enter that bit, just the other two lines

I used F315000 and it works now

but problem with Sine persists.
My current settings:

1687280210408.png

HT.png

SR.png

Attachments

• OT.png
    OT.png
    82.4 KB · Views: 21
but problem with Sine persists.
My current settings:

View attachment 568088

View attachment 568089

View attachment 568092
Well, I’m out of input except to try disabling Ethernet in the bios and then enabling the onboard intel wireless card and see if that works. Just add the appropriate version (Big Sur, Monterey, Ventrua etc) of the AirportItlwm.kext and enable it in your config.plist. Clear NVRAM and you should have wireless.

Well, I’m out of input except to try disabling Ethernet in the bios and then enabling the onboard intel wireless card and see if that works. Just add the appropriate version (Big Sur, Monterey, Ventrua etc) of the AirportItlwm.kext and enable it in your config.plist. Clear NVRAM and you should have wireless.

Do you mean that onboard wifi on mainboard will work with AirportItlwm.kext?

Out of curiosity, I just installed Orchestral Tools Sine. It opens in Logic Pro. Don't understand how I can access the free content, but it seems to work. I see my name and I can login to my Orch Tools account.

But I have a Realtek 2.5 GbE port as en0 with Lucy driver. Different kettle of fish.

Do you mean that onboard wifi on mainboard will work with AirportItlwm.kext?
With the correct version of the kext, yes, it should no problem.

Back