Contribute
Register

New install for ASUS TUF Gaming Z790-Plus WiFi D4 w/i7-13700K CPU

I too removed any added heat sinks off the NVMe drive and used the motherboard covers. I also have good airflow and NVMe heat problems are not an issue for me

I too removed any added heat sinks off the NVMe drive and used the motherboard covers.
Are there also silicone thermal pads under the motherboard's heatsinks ?

ok - you got me - i've dreaded the collecting parts list routine but did it "just for you" - lol
I've attached the EFI on the first page i think and a page back you will see my BIOS settings profile. Suggest you save your bios profile do an online file diff check and see the diff then hunt down and change your bios as needed.

Case:

Power Supply:

CPU:

CPU Cooler (new model supports newer CPU without standoffs -just check if included):

Corsiar Cooler Standoffs (if needed):

Motherboard (Supported DDR4 Ram):

128GB DDR4 Memory (2packs of 64gbram or 4 sticks of 32 each)

NVME PCIE (2ea, 1 for OS and 1 for time-machine backups)

GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeo RX 6800 XT OC Edition Graphics Card 16 GB

Broadcom Wifi/BT:

NZXT Internal USB Header HUB

Corsair LED Light Controller (Additional LED Control):

And a nice Apple logo sticker - i stuck it inside the case:

PS: Now, you owe me feedeback - just for me :)
Hi. Thanks a lot for this awesome build. Today I was buying these parts for a new build for myself but where I live I found the MoBo in pair with a 13900KF for a $100 more from the 13700k. Should I go for it? Many downsides? I hoping to build a Win/Mac dual boot.

Hi. Thanks a lot for this awesome build. Today I was buying these parts for a new build for myself but where I live I found the MoBo in pair with a 13900KF for a $100 more from the 13700k. Should I go for it? Many downsides? I hoping to build a Win/Mac dual boot.
If you think it’s better and worth it to then I would. I don’t know that spy model spec but guess you can compare online and confirm if it’s worth it - bottom line I think it’s a personal choice-I haven’t done the dual boot because every time I used to do it I would screw up the windows partition. There probably are plenty of posts how to do it no so the choice is yours- good luck

Last edited:
about.jpg

No problem with OCAT update to latest version of ventura 13.2.1

Last edited:
Back