Contribute
Register

New install for ASUS TUF Gaming Z790-Plus WiFi D4 w/i7-13700K CPU

Great news, hopefully will have the rest of the parts here soon!

If you haven't already would you mind posting the updated EFI folder?
I will later but I have to edit it and remove my info - is there an easier way?

Here is a comparison
Not sure I would for 2%
Thanks a lot for the reply and the comparison info. I'm sticking with the i7. Let me ask you, will this guide work with the DDR5 version of the same Asus MoBo? I found a the D5 version at a much better price than the D4 at my local store. Also, same question for the non WiFi version of this board. I save even more money by buying the no WiFi version of the TUF Gaming Z790-Plus (I'm planing to use a Fenvi WiFi BT card).

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the reply and the comparison info. I'm sticking with the i7. Let me ask you, will this guide work with the DDR5 version of the same Asus MoBo? I found a the D5 version at a much better price than the D4 at my local store. Also, same question for the non WiFi version of this board. I save even more money by buying the no WiFi version of the TUF Gaming Z790-Plus (I'm planing to use a Fenvi WiFi BT card).
I honestly don’t know, I got the D4 version cause I had a lot of RAM and didn't want to buy all new ram - I also do not use the board Wi-Fi as I have a $30 Fenvi card from Amazon on my parts page that works just fine - that looks what your going do too! I’d I were you, and are buying all new stuff, then I probably would go with D5 only if you needed more performance out of your Mac - but if it’s cheaper too - then I’d go with D5 - no guarantees but good luck!

Will try to assemble it today
332548284_755615859072151_5313317005187808903_n.jpg
332105044_686457533232391_1460557934327999746_n.jpg

Now ain't you the man - looking good - go for it! Is that the D4 or D5 memory?
Also, what case, CPU cooler, and video card (GPU) did you get?
OK, I just seen the DDR5 on the box - @rkpz81 may want to watch this build too because he/she was interested in DDR5 - mine was DDR 4 - please keep us posted!

Last edited:
I ordered a DDR4 board but should I be replacing it with a DDR5 before I go any further (Memory not ordered yet)?

EDIT: Looking at costs, the motherboard costs £60 more and memory about £100 so doubtful I will go with DDR5!

Last edited:
I ordered a DDR4 board but should I be replacing it with a DDR5 before I go any further (Memory not ordered yet)?
My understanding is the D4 board takes DDR4 memory and the D5 board takes DDR5 memory - I have the D4 and DDR4 memory

my undstanding is the D4 board takes DDR4 memory and the D5 board takes DDR5 memory - i have the D4 and DDR4 memory
Yeah thats what I thought, I was contemplating sending back the DDR4 board to replace with DDR5 but doubtful now seeing the increased in costs.

Back