Contribute
Register

New install for ASUS TUF Gaming Z790-Plus WiFi D4 w/i7-13700K CPU

Screenshot 2023-02-16 at 12.31.00 PM.png

Here are my bench marks I just took - and a pic of the drive specs - I'm not getting 100% of that but way better that standard M.2. I night have to mess with BIOS fictions speeds traps or something - not sure how to pump that last 10% out - I'm open for remarks! Hope this helps - regardless - its a kick ass system

I was just basing the choice on what I read here...

Has anyone with this motherboard been able to get full duplex 1000baseTX Ethernet? My gigabit Ethernet is always set to 100.

Has anyone with this motherboard been able to get full duplex 1000baseTX Ethernet? My gigabit Ethernet is always set to 100.
I have Full Duplex 2.5gb link with built in Ethernet port on this board!
E0 2.5gb.jpg

I figured it out. The Ethernet worked fine on my USB EFI but not on the SSD EFI so I changed the SSD to match the USB. This included removing the DMAR delete from @CaseySJ i225 post, adding 4 ACPI patches, updating the device properties with the name as a STRING, disabling AppleALC, enabling UseRawUUidEncoding on SMBIOS, and enabling a few Quirks in UEFI. Not sure what truly fixed it though.

Am I right in saying to get the ones without a heat sink fit
Right, buy the WD NVMe SSD without a heatsink as the Z790 TUF Gaming includes them on the board.
3 of the 4 M.2 slots are already covered by a heatsink.

Screen Shot 1.jpg

Last edited:
Back