NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 2GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi! I just built my first Hackintosh, and the install went smoothly. I have a Gigabyte Z77 MB, and an Intel i5 3570K CPU. Anyways, in my UEFI BIOS, before I went through trying to fix the grey screen at startup issue, there were two options for my WD Green 2TB Hard Drive: UEFI and P4 (P4 is just an identifier for what drive it is I think). After I went through fixing the grey screen issue, and after it worked when I typed GraphicsEnabler=No, the P4 option for the boot device disappeared from the boot device selection in the BIOS. I can still boot from it if I go to the boot drive menu on startup (It shows up there), but I can't make it my first boot device.

My build:
Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
Intel i5 3570K
EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GT 640
2TB WD Green HDD (caused the grey screen problem)
16GB KomputerBay RAM

Any help is appreciated.

I'm back on my first thread again, this time the SSD that I installed and cloned from my HDD does not show up in the BIOS boot option priorities, but it does show up when I press F12 and select the SSD to boot. I just can't set it as the default boot device. It shows up in the BIOS as UEFI: SanDisk, but does not show up as P2 or P1, which is what the identifier would be for the drive. Last time this happened, unplugging a drive fixed the problem, but I don't want to do that. Maybe I could unplug the CD drive, set the SSD as the boot device, then plug the CD drive back in?

Maybe I could unplug the CD drive, set the SSD as the boot device, then plug the CD drive back in?

No dice. The SSD still doesn't show up as P1, just UEFI. :thumbdown: I can boot from it via the F12 menu, but I cannot select it as the first boot device.

Any help is appreciated.

I was having this problem again after a BIOS update, and couldn't remember how I'd fixed it before... you have to set it to ONLY boot from legacy devices (instead of UEFI & legacy)... after that, you should be able to find your desired device in the boot priority list. At least, that's how it worked for me.

I have a dual boot on my acer aspire 4752. The two os works fine but i'm having trouble with my newly installed hacintosh, the hdd partition where i installed the mountain lion doesn't appears in the device list, only the partition where windows is intalled. Is there anyone can help me to fix this problem? Any comment is appreciated. thanks..

I have a dual boot on my acer aspire 4752. The two os works fine but i'm having trouble with my newly installed hacintosh, the hdd partition where i installed the mountain lion doesn't appears in the device list, only the partition where windows is intalled. Is there anyone can help me to fix this problem? Any comment is appreciated. thanks..

For 2 OS's on a single drive, you will not see any of the OS's other than the one on the first partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back