Contribute
Register

New Gigabyte Z68 UEFI BIOS Betas Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i used facewizard utlity from gigabyte to remove boot screen , changed it to black. So booting goes from black to white apple boot screen. Almost just real mac

How were you able to get this to work? FaceWizard tells me it doesn't support my BIOS (UEFI U1g). Is there a specific version that supports UEFI?

How were you able to get this to work? FaceWizard tells me it doesn't support my BIOS (UEFI U1g). Is there a specific version that supports UEFI?

Yeah I get the same message too. Tried the version from my Gigabyte disc and the version I found on Gigabyte's website from googling Face Wizard.

Looks like the GA-Z68P-DS3 isn't getting an update; I wonder if it's a logic limitation or flash size? The 2.0 and 2.1 have downloads, but they're over 2mb, whereas the previous BIOS is only 1.7MB.

what i've noticed with bdmesg is that it will report correct p-state table creation, but when you use something like MSRDumper or HWMonitor, you'll see that only a couple are being used (when over clocking)

Anyone had any joy overclocking with the UEFI BIOS?

Mine just keeps resetting before the BIOS declares an error and re-initializes itself.

yes, i overclock by adjusting the default multiplier. Leave the turbo ratios at auto. use DropSSDT=Yes and don't use any SSDT.aml

That gives you working overclock with min and max p-states only.

Others have said you can get overclocking with all p-states by leaving multiplier at default, adjusting the turbo ratio to the overclock speed on the first 3 cores and the last core at overclock speed -1 (ie 42x 42x 42x 41x) and then using an overclocked SSDT.aml (such as from multibeast). I have not yet tried this method.

g\

I have now moved to the turbo ratio method used above and it works for full OC + all p-states.
g\

EDIT:
Found the original post on this for your enjoyment.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/ssdt/60390-gigabyte-uefi-ssdt-dsdt-overclocking.html

I've been using this method for a while now but I don't really overclock too much. I'm only using the stock cooler so the highest I'll go is to 3.6ghz with my i5 so I don't use the overclocking SSDT. The thing is, I don't get any P-States between 22 and 35.

Should I be getting any p-ststes from 23-34? Also, it'll usually idle at 18 and momentarily go down to 16 for about a half of a second. I don't really know anything about p-states so any help would be appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back