Contribute
Register

New Gigabyte Z68 UEFI BIOS Betas Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I recall HDMI audio requires DSDT edits. What do you do when you use UEFI? Does it just work or... what's the procedure?

I have the same dilemma... as far as I know you still need a DSDT for HDMI audio even with the new UEFIs. This is the main thing that is keeping me from upgrading.

@Tonymacx68 and MacMan:

Could you guys please make some DSDTs for these new BIOSes? You've been saying that you will once they're out of beta, but on the Gigabyte website it does not refer to them as betas. If not, is there a good way to make our own DSDT so we can get things like HDMI audio?

sonicseamus said:
I have the same dilemma... as far as I know you still need a DSDT for HDMI audio even with the new UEFIs. This is the main thing that is keeping me from upgrading.

@Tonymacx68 and MacMan:

Could you guys please make some DSDTs for these new BIOSes? You've been saying that you will once they're out of beta, but on the Gigabyte website it does not refer to them as betas. If not, is there a good way to make our own DSDT so we can get things like HDMI audio?
Create your own DSDT - viewtopic.php?f=14&t=35559
edit for HDMI - viewforum.php?f=162

It works well with my DIY DSDT.

When it wakes up, I don't need to unplug my wired apple keyboard and to plug it again.

After updating my Z68MX-UD2H-B3 my sleep seems to be working better without a DSDT but now my audio is no longer functional....tried reinstalling the AppleHDA kext and non-DSDT HDAEnabler kext in multibeast but still no luck....:cry:

Just updated the Z68MX-UD2H-B3 with pretty good results. As many have reported i had the following happen:

* Windows had to re-install all the hardware but worked fine after doing so and a reboot.
* OS X handled the change much more gracefully
+ internal drives now have internal icons without any hack - cool
+ Sleep is working without a hack, however my machine wakes back up almost immediately, ill be looking in to whats causing that since i have a ton of peripherals and third party hardware installed
- So far i haven't gotten my pre-efi 4.2ghz overclock working. Seems like i get a kp on boot if i adjust the turbo frequencies. I will be experimenting...
- built-in audio stopped working as expected but i will make a new DSDT based on the EFI with the needed HDEF.

The DSDT is very very different on the EFI BIOS, but its pretty cool as it seems to be using more of the same definitions as apple, such as HDEF instead of AZAL or whatever it used to be.

I was able to continue using the TM backup but it did detect my system as being a new machine and asked me to inherit it. Unfortunately all of the software that had licenses tied to my machine also need re-licensing.

Once i have a first DSDT built with audio support i will start a mini thread for this board where we can list any issues and maybe improve the DSDT and configurations.

Oh and there were options in BIOS to set up to 1024mb of memory for IGP, pretty crazy. I set it to 512mb which should now perfectly match a real mac.
g\

Hi, Are Ivy bridge CPUs supported with this UEFI Bios???

genzai said:
Once i have a first DSDT built with audio support i will start a mini thread for this board where we can list any issues and maybe improve the DSDT and configurations.

Where will you be posting this? I need it and don't really know how to make my own :oops: You would be a life saver! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back