GA-Z87X-UD3H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 760
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

My OSX drive, an OCZ Vertx 4, is reporting negative health ("Remaining Life") in HWMonitor. It is showing -2725853503% whereas my OCZ Vertex 3 (Windows boot drive) is showing 100%.

I have no noticeable trouble with the drive except it can be slower than expected at times.

I'm not sure what info you would need to better help me. My specs are in my signature. I'm running 10.8.2 and iMac 12.2 smbios. I installed HWMonitor and FakeSMC via the latest Multibeast.

Thank you in advance !

Hello,

My OSX drive, an OCZ Vertx 4, is reporting negative health ("Remaining Life") in HWMonitor. It is showing -2725853503% whereas my OCZ Vertex 3 (Windows boot drive) is showing 100%.

I have no noticeable trouble with the drive except it can be slower than expected at times.

I'm not sure what info you would need to better help me. My specs are in my signature. I'm running 10.8.2 and iMac 12.2 smbios. I installed HWMonitor and FakeSMC via the latest Multibeast.

Thank you in advance !

Probably if you used the latest HWMonitor that will be fixed (and it won't be present): https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors

I'm pretty sure I saw some recent commits to deal with bogus values there...

Any luck with this error? I have a Vertex 4 as well report they same red negative values.

I would be looking for other diagnostic tools to get some more details on what the error actually is. I would not assume it's just a HWMonitor error, given that:
  • the drive is apparently running slow (could be an indicator of running out of spare blocks internally?), and
  • it's an OCZ (OK I'm being cruel, but they don't have the world's highest reliability reputation).
Maybe it is a software reporting problem, but maybe not.

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll see what some other options are. I do feel its just a miss-read by FakeSMC sensors. Not to be rude either but the OCZ Vertex 4/ Samsung 840/ Scan Disk are three of the fastest SSD's available with excellent reliability... While OCZ's drives in the past had some issues the Vertex 4 is a rock solid drive.

I have 4 of the OCZ Vertex 4's now all report same negative health and no they are not defective. Its definitely an issue with FakeSMC. I won't use any other SSDs except OCZ and have always been reliable for me.

I just made a brand new build using a vertex 4 for my Operating systems and I can report that it is indeed a software problem and not a hardware issue. I am having the same false reports from HWMonitor with absolutely no issues with the drive

I have the same red negative readings on my Samsung 830 240gb drive but my 840pro and 470 ssd's both display normal readings with HWMonitor, I ran checks on 830 with multiple other utilities and tests normal. Seems to work fine??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back