Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[success]Need lots of help [ga-z77x-ud5h, i5 3570k, and ML 10.8.3]

Hi everybody,

this is my fist time building a hackintosh as well as my first post.
I have a self built system which is made up of a ga-z77x-ud5h mb, an i5 3570k CPU, and a 1.5 tb hard drive. I am also only using the integrated hd4000 graphics.
For now this is what I have and will be upgrading to a SSD and dedicated graphics card in the future. I am trying to install mountain lion 10.8.3 and I'm having some issues.

I didn't have any problems creating my unibeast disc. That was fine.
I did some minor bios settings changes and booted from the USB.
I was able to boot from the USB stick and install ML. I then rebooted from the USB and tried loading from the hard drive only to be greeted by the apple logo and lots of waiting. If I reboot I can get into osx if I use the boot flag -x. There I can download and run multibeast but I'm still not able to access osx without the USB and in safe mode. If I try all I get is a boot 0 at a black screen. So I plug the USB back in and boot in safe mode.
any way long story short after reboot after reboot and a few redos with the bios settings I'm still not able to boot without a USB and only in safemode.

What should my bios settings be as we'll as multi beast settings?

Thank you all.

Edit: I get the boot0 error because my hard drive is a 4k drive. Trying to fix it. If any one has tips on how to do this it would be very much appreciated.

Edit: Did the boot0 error fix and now everything is working 100%. all fixes from posts on this site. Thanks everybody.

Ok got everything working now. Still using USB drive to boot everything and a little scared to try and boot without it. I have a feeling I will get a boot0 error. Reading the official guide to remedy this.

edit: confirmed boot0 error without thumb drive.

I just fixed my Boot0 error yesterday. If you have any questions or find the guide to solving it confusing (I used method 1 which was fairly easy) I would be happy to help.

Yes, I do need help. I have the same configuration of hardware but no success with multibeast settings, something is messing my post-installation process...help

I have the same board. Check the golden builds for unibeast settings and be sure to unplug everything you don't "need" during and before installation. Have your OS HDD hooked up on sata1 or sata0 and have nothing in USB ports except your install stick, mouse and keyboard. I had no problems at all installing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back