Contribute
Register

Need help with the Yosemite Installation(Unibeast)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't get better after that.. :(

I am sorry to read that very short answer.

But please answer the following questions.

1. Did you perform the CMOS Reset?
  2. Assuming the Answer to question 1 is Yes, after the CMOS Reset, did you Load Optimized BIOS Defaults before making changes to BIOS Menu options to save
  3. Please List the BIOS settings you have accepted in the menu . Some Options, you would have left as Default and some defaults you would have changed before you pressed F10 to save. I want you to list both groups.
  4. I Specifically want to know, did you leave CSM to ENABLED or DISABLED?
I want to make sure the problem is not one of BIOS Settings being wrong for the Yosemite HDD that you installed the Chimera Bootloader the second time is unable reach Chimera boot menu screen when you select it on reboot. You did say you had selected it as First boot device in Boot Order in the BIOS setup.

I will wait for your response.

I am sorry to read that very short answer.

But please answer the following questions.

1. Did you perform the CMOS Reset?
  2. Assuming the Answer to question 1 is Yes, after the CMOS Reset, did you Load Optimized BIOS Defaults before making changes to BIOS Menu options to save
  3. Please List the BIOS settings you have accepted in the menu . Some Options, you would have left as Default and some defaults you would have changed before you pressed F10 to save. I want you to list both groups.
  4. I Specifically want to know, did you leave CSM to ENABLED or DISABLED?
I want to make sure the problem is not one of BIOS Settings being wrong for the Yosemite HDD that you installed the Chimera Bootloader the second time is unable reach Chimera boot menu screen when you select it on reboot. You did say you had selected it as First boot device in Boot Order in the BIOS setup.

I will wait for your response.

1: Yes
2: Yes, i did.
3: I changed the first boot device to the SSD, then the USB Flash Drive. Then i changed from "Windows UEFI" to "Other OS" under Security Boot. That's all.
4. What's CSM?

I read somewhere that you need to fix the Chimera Bootloader for EFI blabla.

1: Yes
2: Yes, i did.
3: I changed the first boot device to the SSD, then the USB Flash Drive. Then i changed from "Windows UEFI" to "Other OS" under Security Boot. That's all.
4. What's CSM?

I read somewhere that you need to fix the Chimera Bootloader for EFI blabla.

Thank you for the above information.

CSM is an abbreviation for Compatibility Support Module. It is part of the UEFI firmware that provides legacy BIOS compatibility by emulating a BIOS environment.

You may have that CSM option somewhere in your BIOS menu>sub-menu. Please ENABLE it. It might be DISABLED by default.

I am not familiar with your entire BIOS setup menu. I will see if there is any Internet source showing an image about that option. Don't have the time to read the entire PDF manual :).

I gave you the link about editing and installing Chimera and Extra folder in EFI from Tonymac. That will be the the next step, if your BIOS Setup is OK.
Here is that link:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/115818-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html

Thank you for the above information.

CSM is an abbreviation for Compatibility Support Module. It is part of the UEFI firmware that provides legacy BIOS compatibility by emulating a BIOS environment.

You may have that CSM option somewhere in your BIOS menu>sub-menu. Please ENABLE it. It might be DISABLED by default.

I am not familiar with your entire BIOS setup menu. I will see if there is any Internet source showing an image about that option. Don't have the time to read the entire PDF manual :).

I gave you the link about editing and installing Chimera and Extra folder in EFI from Tonymac. That will be the the next step, if your BIOS Setup is OK.
Here is that link:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/115818-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html

Yes, CSM was enabled!
BTW, you was kinda right about that my USB Ports don't give that much power as they should. My forte dies sometimes and restarts after a while(no, it doesn't on another mac or in the windows partition). How to fix this issue with the power by the USB Ports?

As i said, this is the thing that's most important right now. Please help me out with this first!

Yes, CSM was enabled!
BTW, you was kinda right about that my USB Ports don't give that much power as they should. My forte dies sometimes and restarts after a while(no, it doesn't on another mac or in the windows partition). How to fix this issue with the power by the USB Ports?

As i said, this is the thing that's most important right now. Please help me out with this first!

Since Windows in this same Hardware has no problem we can rule out BIOS related , USB Port related or USB cable related malfunction and then it points to the OSX in this system. This is Hackintosh not real Mac . We have modified it so many ways to make it adapt to a non-mac hardware environment. That makes it harder to say what is causing it and how to fix it. Most likely cause lack of the RIGHT kext. So comparison of your USB device working in Real Mac vs Hackintosh is not really fair.

This is what I could suggest:

In Multibeast7.3 Drivers> Misc> [ ] USB 3.0 Universal , is this already installed in your system?. If it is not, try to install and see.

That is all I can suggest at present. If you have already done that and still has the issue, you should check the USB hub chip through the ASUS Motherboard Manual and post it here and you also search if any USB kexts are available for updating you system.

Since Windows in this same Hardware has no problem we can rule out BIOS related , USB Port related or USB cable related malfunction and then it points to the OSX in this system. This is Hackintosh not real Mac . We have modified it so many ways to make it adapt to a non-mac hardware environment. That makes it harder to say what is causing it and how to fix it. Most likely cause lack of the RIGHT kext. So comparison of your USB device working in Real Mac vs Hackintosh is not really fair.

This is what I could suggest:

In Multibeast7.3 Drivers> Misc> [ ] USB 3.0 Universal , is this already installed in your system?. If it is not, try to install and see.

That is all I can suggest at present. If you have already done that and still has the issue, you should check the USB hub chip through the ASUS Motherboard Manual and post it here and you also search if any USB kexts are available for updating you system.

• USB Ports
    Intel® Z87 chipset :
    4 x USB 3.0/2.0 port(s) (2 at back panel, blue, 2 at mid-board)
    Intel® Z87 chipset :
    10 x USB 2.0 port(s) (4 at back panel, black, 6 at mid-board)

That's how it's writed...​

You may can resolve it by applying proper DSDT fixes.

Search in this forum for more details.

I have been searching in 1 week for this problem. And i can't find anything with this DSDT fixes in the forum? What should i search then?

• USB Ports
    Intel® Z87 chipset :
    4 x USB 3.0/2.0 port(s) (2 at back panel, blue, 2 at mid-board)
    Intel® Z87 chipset :
    10 x USB 2.0 port(s) (4 at back panel, black, 6 at mid-board)

That's how it's writed...​

With all available data so far and your intense desire to get your USB Musical device working really fast , my best suggestion is installing an ad-on PCIE USB card. I believe the following works in Yosemite. But you need to read in depth. I just looked at it very rapidly:

http://www.sonnettech.com/product/allegro_express_usb.html

With all available data so far and your intense desire to get your USB Musical device working really fast , my best suggestion is installing an ad-on PCIE USB card. I believe the following works in Yosemite. But you need to read in depth. I just looked at it very rapidly:

http://www.sonnettech.com/product/allegro_express_usb.html

Yes i think i will check it out. It's kinda weird. I changed some USB Settings in BIOS and now i haven't get a crackle noise in like 10 minutes, and i has been playing non stop now.

Well, it's weird.

BTW, a friend has exactly the same specifications then me and he has the same Audio Interface too, and he's running Yosemite Hackintosh without complications?

EDIT: Argh, there came the crackling noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back