Contribute
Register

Need help with finishing touches

Status
Not open for further replies.
The FakeID is indeed in the config file, but has a hash sign (#) in front of it, hence it doesnt show up in Clover Configurator. You can edit it out manually using TextEdit, just be careful not to change anything else at this point.
Okay, so I deleted all of this, hopefully this is right:
Screen Shot 2017-05-07 at 7.18.38 PM.png

There are a number of fixes here that will allow you to try 15,1 profile.

Again, Intel Power Gadget is just not reliable on all occasions; take its result with a pinch of salt. Better still, delete it.

If you are ok doing the graphics patch linked above (It really is quite straight forward and easy to do), then go for the 15,1 profile. If you really cant get that working, consider 14,2 as your fallback position.
Thanks! I'll look into it :) And I'll delete IPG for sure.

Okay, deleted this line!

Also so far no screensaver lag but will keep testing. Really hope its not a RAM issue, I'd hate to have to replace it. Is there a utility that can tell me if it's bad in OS X or Windows?
Screen Shot 2017-05-07 at 8.23.43 PM.png

Last note for the day: running one stick of RAM - 8GB - with XMP turned off in BIOS so it runs at 1333mhz, and it still has issues when unlocking it from screensaver. About this Mac still say it's 1867mhz despite telling Clover that XMP is disabled.

Since all the work I've done yesterday and today, the computer is now lagging/locking up every time. It will eventually come out of it and start working but it's excruciating waiting in it. I'm going to assume RAM has nothing to do with my issues.

And if it sits long enough, say an hour, I can unlock it fine. Also since I've gotten PM working, it can sleep and does so within 30 seconds and wakes up very happily :)

Thanks again to both you guys so much for your help! I wouldn't be here without it.

EDIT: it crashed and rebooted after sleeping for about 4-5 hours. Walked by and it apparently restarted itself midsleep. Ugh...

Last edited:
Okay, did as you said. Couldn't find what FakeID you were talking about - unless you mean the FakePCIID kext?

Here's my stuff now:

I know you guys said that IPG isn't reliable, but for kicks I ran it - stuck at 4.40GHz the whole way. Is it misreading? Should I just delete it at this point?

Also - what SMBIOS would you personally use? I just tried 15,1 but of course, it booted to blank screens without doing any graphics patches. I feel like that's going to be a larger rabbit hole to fall down...

I should also note that the screen saver issue is still there even with working PM.

FakeID is under KernelAndKextPatches. I wouldn't use Intel Power Gadget to test Powermanagement not accurate enough but from looking at Intel Power Gadget your CPU is stuck over 4Ghz. Can you attach Kextcache and save it in Textedit. Open Terminal and type kextcache.

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 11.23.30.png

Okay, deleted this line!

Also so far no screensaver lag but will keep testing. Really hope its not a RAM issue, I'd hate to have to replace it. Is there a utility that can tell me if it's bad in OS X or Windows?View attachment 253215

Don't use Textedit to edit the Config use Xcode. Leave sleep until you get Powermanagement working properly first. Sleep will be broken until Powermanagement and ACPI is properly patched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back