CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I've been having some bluetooth issues, which started a few days ago. I'm on 10.15.6. I have a Magic Mouse 1 that I've always connected through my iogear GBU521. Since my issues, I tried buying the GMYLE BCM20702 from the Buyers Guide, but same issue.

The bluetooth disconnects every few seconds. If I open the bluetooth system preferences, I can see it turn off for a split-second, then turn back on, without me doing anything. I have a USB hub plugged into an Apple Cinema Display (mdp version), which was then connected through that USB to my Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Z390. Oddly, when I tried unplugging the dongle, my USB keyboard would then stop working too. Now, I have the keyboard connected directly to the mobo, as well as the BT dongle (on a USB extension cable). However, the blue light on the dongle still blinks and the connection keeps cutting out.

Anyone know if this is a USB mapping issue vs. a bluetooth plist issue? Given I see the Bluetooth status turning off and on even when using various USB ports, I am assuming it's not my hardware.

My non-BT mouse that I am substituting right now (an inexpensive gaming mouse with a dedicated receiver dongle, as well as my Logitech mouse) have no connectivity issues through USB. When I look in Library > Extensions, I see a bunch of com.apple.Bluetooth.XXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX...plists, as well com.apple.driver. AppleBluetoothMultiTouch.mouse/trackpad. Any advice is appreciated

A few additional comments on my original post:
- I mapped my USB ports from my Z390 Aorus Ultra using the updated guide by adding a kext from Hackintool
- I've added the BrcmFirmwareData.kext, BrcmPatchRAM3.kext, with and without BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext in my Clover other folder, and both USB dongles I have (GMYLE and iogear) do appear to be listed on the plist file. Further, when I boot, I see mention of the firmware being updated.

Indirectly, when I was testing USB ports, I found an old Bluetooth USB stick that my wife had from college (like 10 years old). When I plugged it in, it worked. My mouse does not disconnect. The range is poor and it has a bright flashing red light, so not ideal, but it does not keep disconnecting every 5 seconds like the 4.0 dongles. So I have a temporary fix on it, but would love to know why those 4.0 dongles keep disconnecting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back