Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone, I'm a student building a hackintosh for the first time to save money for school and I need some help. I followed the installation guide for OSX El Capitan and OSX installed perfectly on my computer, but for some reason I can not use my graphics card after installation after switching the graphics option from onboard graphics to Nvdia -- I've run into some trouble during boot, my screen is now stuck on infinite loop after the Apple icon loads. All I see now is a load icon then my mouse pointer and then back to the load icon again. I am unable to load into my desktop and I'm stumped... please help

I have tried to install a web driver but I get an error message saying my system is not compatible for web drivers. I have also tried to install the alternative web driver for Nvidia but it also doesn't work.

I have installed Multibeast for El Capitan, all the post installation files, Clover Configuration and turned on injecting Nvidia graphics option.

I have tried to toggle the graphics injection option in clover boot on and off and it also doesn't work.

My build is:
CPU - Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5GHZ
Motherboard - Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI with Bios version F6
GPU - Geforce GT 740 SC
Memory - 16GB
I have one monitor which is a wacom Cintiq 22inch that uses DVI display.
I have two SSDs one is Windows 10 and the other i'm using for El Capitan version 10.11.3

I'm fresh out of ideas... if anyone has a solution please help me out, thank you! :crazy:

what boot args do you have? remove "nv_disable=1" if it's there and replace it with "nvda_drv=1". Officially the Nvidia drivers only work for specific Mac Pro configurations, but there's a few threads here that talk about how to get around it. You may need to also change your system definition to MacPro3,1.

It turns out, El Capitan 11.10.3 just needed an updated compatible Graphics card driver. I found two files, and installed one called "WebDriver-346.03.05f01" and "WebDriver-346.03.05f02". Afterwards it worked. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back