Contribute
Register

Need Help: Sabertooth X79 Xeon E5-2680 v2 EVGA GTX980 SC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried that guide many times but still not working. I'm thinking it could be my bios setting specific to the motherboard in this topic is not correct.

one specific thing i cannot do with the bios is disabled secure boot. It's greyed out. Did you have to update the firmware or create a password to have the ability to disable it?

one specific thing i cannot do with the bios is disabled secure boot. It's greyed out. Did you have to update the firmware or create a password to have the ability to disable it?

If it is greyed out then leave it. Also is your BIOS updated to the latest version??

What is happening while trying to boot from UniBeast USB??

Thanks. I'm able to boot now. Didn't realize my front usb ports were 3.0 Now I need to install the graphics drivers and stuff. It's painfully slow ATM.

Is there an step by step guide for installing the video card? I have installed CUDA/web driver by simply double clicking on the installation. I then see them both in systems preferences. Am i suppose to boot with a different flag after installation? In the web driver settings I switch from OSX driver to Nvidia driver and it ask me to reboot. Upon reboot, it still using the OS X.

Thanks.

Is there an step by step guide for installing the video card? I have installed CUDA/web driver by simply double clicking on the installation. I then see them both in systems preferences. Am i suppose to boot with a different flag after installation? In the web driver settings I switch from OSX driver to Nvidia driver and it ask me to reboot. Upon reboot, it still using the OS X.

Thanks.

Boot with flag "nvda_drv=1"

Sorry I've been away and wasn't able to respond or work on the system.

I reinstalled Multibeast tonight and rebooted from the SSD (I've attached an image of my multibeast settings). Unfortunately I am still unable to boot without booting into safe mode. I'm using the most recent version of multibeast for Yosemite (7.2.0) so I assume I'm using the most recent version of the FakeSMC kext.

So to boot I'm currently using: dart=0 npci=0x2000 -x -v

Whenever I try to boot without -x it hangs in the same place as my earlier post. I've attached a new image, but it's the same bluetooth error followed by a bunch of other errors.

Any suggestions for getting it to boot without using safe mode?

The machine is pretty snappy in safe mode but obviously without the nvidia drivers running things are a little wonky and sluggish.

Thanks,

-peel

Attachments

• 2015-04-23 20.40.33.jpg
    2015-04-23 20.40.33.jpg
    696.3 KB · Views: 167
  • 2015-04-23 21.13.48.jpg
    2015-04-23 21.13.48.jpg
    1,010.4 KB · Views: 183
Sorry I've been away and wasn't able to respond or work on the system.

I reinstalled Multibeast tonight and rebooted from the SSD (I've attached an image of my multibeast settings). Unfortunately I am still unable to boot without booting into safe mode. I'm using the most recent version of multibeast for Yosemite (7.2.0) so I assume I'm using the most recent version of the FakeSMC kext.

So to boot I'm currently using: dart=0 npci=0x2000 -x -v

Whenever I try to boot without -x it hangs in the same place as my earlier post. I've attached a new image, but it's the same bluetooth error followed by a bunch of other errors.

Any suggestions for getting it to boot without using safe mode?

The machine is pretty snappy in safe mode but obviously without the nvidia drivers running things are a little wonky and sluggish.

Thanks,

-peel

Try to boot with "kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0 nv_disable=1 -f -v". Post the result.

Try to boot with "kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0 nv_disable=1 -f -v". Post the result.

So booting with those flags did not work. It hung at the spot in the screenshot below.

I then tried almost the same string, but swapped out nv_disable with npci-0x2000 and it booted. But it felt the same as before, graphics very slow and tearing all over the place.

Next I went into the System Preferences and made sure it was set to use the NVIDIA driver. It wasn't so I enabled it and restarted. I changed my boot flags to the following:

kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0 npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1 -f -v

It tired to boot, but at a certain point the signal to the display just went dead so I had to hit the reset button.

When I went back to the previous flags, it booted, and the preference pane made it look like the NVIDIA drivers were being used, but everything still looked and acted the same way as before.

So that's pretty much where I'm at now. Also, because I am actually curious about what all the flags are/do woudl you mind giving me the super high level rundown?

I feel like we're very close to making this work and I appreciate your time.

Thanks,

-peel

Attachments

• 2015-04-23 23.13.38.jpg
    2015-04-23 23.13.38.jpg
    707.2 KB · Views: 199
So booting with those flags did not work. It hung at the spot in the screenshot below.

You have to add npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 for passing the PCI Configuration Begin

I then tried almost the same string, but swapped out nv_disable with npci-0x2000 and it booted. But it felt the same as before, graphics very slow and tearing all over the place.

Next I went into the System Preferences and made sure it was set to use the NVIDIA driver. It wasn't so I enabled it and restarted. I changed my boot flags to the following:

kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0 npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1 -f -v

It tired to boot, but at a certain point the signal to the display just went dead so I had to hit the reset button.

When I went back to the previous flags, it booted, and the preference pane made it look like the NVIDIA drivers were being used, but everything still looked and acted the same way as before.

So that's pretty much where I'm at now. Also, because I am actually curious about what all the flags are/do woudl you mind giving me the super high level rundown?

I feel like we're very close to making this work and I appreciate your time.

Thanks,

-peel

Which connection you are using for monitor??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back