Graphics
EVGA GTX 980 SC
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I've built somewhere around 7 Hackintoshes over the past 5+ years and all have been absolute champs. This year I decided to try to build something that was a little more of a challenge (and also more of a beast when it comes to computing power) and am now having a number of issues getting this thing to run.

For Hardware I have:

Asus Sabertooth X79
Intel Xeon ES-2680 v2
EVGA GTX 980 SC
64GB RAM
Samsung 850 Pro SSD

I was able to get the machine to boot and install Yosemite.
I was able to boot again and setup a user and run Multibeast.
I was even able to get it to boot once with no Ethernet.

Now I can't get it to boot at all.

Whenever it did boot, it was extremely slow and I'm sure much of that was down to the graphics drivers being bad, but I was never able to boot in and get the card up and running.

I've tried many different boot flags at this point based on other posts but I'm not having much luck.

dart=0 npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 and combinations thereof

I'd really love for this machine to work but so far am worried it's just not going to happen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-peel

Have you installed the NVIDIA Web Driver for the running OS X version??

I haven't been able to get back into my install to do so. I just now managed to get in by booting off my MultiBeast installer and will try now.

It's weird that the same flags I just used from the multibeast installer won't work when I try to boot from the hard drive directly.

I haven't been able to get back into my install to do so. I just now managed to get in by booting off my MultiBeast installer and will try now.

It's weird that the same flags I just used from the multibeast installer won't work when I try to boot from the hard drive directly.

What are the option you selected on MB to install?

What is happening while trying to boot from HDD without USB support??

Basically I went with the following options in MultiBeast:

ALC892
HDAEnabler
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector
FakeSMC
FakeSMC Plugins
FakeSMC HWMonitor Application
USB 3.0 Universal
VoodooTSCSync 6 Core
AppleIntelE1000e (whatever the latest rev was on the latest Multibeast)
Chimera
BasicBootOptions
1080p Display
MacPro6,1

I think I missed the Ethernet driver first time around.

When I try to boot straight from the SSD it just hangs on the apple logo with the progress bar underneath. When I use dart=0 npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 it will start to boot but eventually hangs about 1/4 to 1/3 way through.

When I use the same flags booting from the USB drive it boots right up (as I just found out after posting tonight).

I'm running the combo update now and will install the latest web drivers for my video card after that.

Thanks,

-peel

Basically I went with the following options in MultiBeast:

ALC892
HDAEnabler
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector
FakeSMC
FakeSMC Plugins
FakeSMC HWMonitor Application
USB 3.0 Universal
VoodooTSCSync 6 Core
AppleIntelE1000e (whatever the latest rev was on the latest Multibeast)
Chimera
BasicBootOptions
1080p Display
MacPro6,1

I think I missed the Ethernet driver first time around.

When I try to boot straight from the SSD it just hangs on the apple logo with the progress bar underneath. When I use dart=0 npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 it will start to boot but eventually hangs about 1/4 to 1/3 way through.

When I use the same flags booting from the USB drive it boots right up (as I just found out after posting tonight).

I'm running the combo update now and will install the latest web drivers for my video card after that.

Thanks,

-peel

Always include flag -v in booting, so that you can identify where is the booting getting stuck. If the booting stuck with messages on the screen then post clear photo of the entire frozen screen here.

Always include flag -v in booting, so that you can identify where is the booting getting stuck. If the booting stuck with messages on the screen then post clear photo of the entire frozen screen here.

I feel like I'm making some progress. I can boot straight off the SSD but only if I boot in safe mode. I was able to update to 10.10.3 and then installed the latest NVIDIA web drivers (346.01.02f01). I'm getting ready to try a multibeast install again but thought I'd share this screenshot of where I keep hanging every time I try to boot off of the SSD without the -x option. It hangs at this same spot whether I boot from the Unibeast flash drive or direct from the SSD.

Thanks,

-peel

Attachments

• 2015-04-14 00.12.22.jpg
    2015-04-14 00.12.22.jpg
    721.8 KB · Views: 343
I feel like I'm making some progress. I can boot straight off the SSD but only if I boot in safe mode. I was able to update to 10.10.3 and then installed the latest NVIDIA web drivers (346.01.02f01). I'm getting ready to try a multibeast install again but thought I'd share this screenshot of where I keep hanging every time I try to boot off of the SSD without the -x option. It hangs at this same spot whether I boot from the Unibeast flash drive or direct from the SSD.

Thanks,

-peel

Boot -x and complete the Mulribeast installation with proper selections, then try to boot. If you are facing issues come back here.

Ensure that you are using the Latest FakeSMC.kext
Also keep kext-dev-mode=1 flag for booting from USB.

Hello the Peel. I'm in the same boat as you were. I've built many hackintosh and was able to buidl this one but now I cannot go through the install after I installed multibeast. Now my usb will not boot at all. I cannot remember which guide i used. Can you link me to the guide you used? also bios settings. I have the exact same MB, CPU and graphics card.

Thanks.

Hello the Peel. I'm in the same boat as you were. I've built many hackintosh and was able to buidl this one but now I cannot go through the install after I installed multibeast. Now my usb will not boot at all. I cannot remember which guide i used. Can you link me to the guide you used? also bios settings. I have the exact same MB, CPU and graphics card.

Thanks.

Follow this guide : http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back