Contribute
Register

Need Help: Sabertooth X79 Xeon E5-2680 v2 EVGA GTX980 SC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using DVI from the card to HDMI on the display. Can't seem to find any DVI-DVI cables and I don't have a displayport cable.

This converted connection may lead to black screen on boot. If you have HDMI-HDMI cable use it.

Unfortunately I don't have a DVI-DVI around. I'm not sure why I don't because I feel like I had about 20 just a few weeks ago. So I'll get one from the office tomorrow and give it a go. I'll keep you posted.

-peel

Back again, unfortunately switching to a DVI-DVI did not fix things. It appears to boot fine with:

kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0 npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1 -f -v but the screen just goes black and the monitor acts as though it doesn't have a signal.

I've tried multiple combinations of the above and it wont get past the bluetooth error unless I use -f. But no matter what I do it just goes black and the display turns off.

Any ideas?

So it ended up that when I booted with a displayport to HDMI cable it booted ok. Now I'm just trying to solve a few other small issues and I'm good to go. Thinking of doing a fresh install just to be sure I haven't mucked anything up since I started.

Thanks for all the help.

-peel

Back again, unfortunately switching to a DVI-DVI did not fix things. It appears to boot fine with:

kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0 npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1 -f -v but the screen just goes black and the monitor acts as though it doesn't have a signal.

I've tried multiple combinations of the above and it wont get past the bluetooth error unless I use -f. But no matter what I do it just goes black and the display turns off.

Any ideas?

After the bluetooth message the next part of booting is with GUI, so it is probably issue with Graphics Card Port/Cable.

So it ended up that when I booted with a displayport to HDMI cable it booted ok. Now I'm just trying to solve a few other small issues and I'm good to go. Thinking of doing a fresh install just to be sure I haven't mucked anything up since I started.

Thanks for all the help.

-peel

Good Idea.

Thanks for all the help.

-peel
Know this is old, but how many cores does your 2680 have? I keep reading there are problems with the MacOS kernel for them and that on a ten core you have to modify, disable some,...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back