Contribute
Register

[NEED-HELP] Issue with Windows 10/ HS legacy dual boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I've tried to do a fresh installation but i'm stuck at "HID Legacy shim 2" then i have a "still waiting for root device" error.
So i will try today to install a fresh install of Sierra with Unibeast and upgrade slowly to 10.13.6.

At the HS 10.13.4 installer, i've open the installer log and he say that i can't install high sierra because my disk is not formatted in JHFS+ (i think is an issue with the APFSDriverLoader.efi because there is nothing on the HDD and it's not a SSD).

- I've tried to remove "APFSDriverLoader.efi" and "APFS.efi" from my EFI partition on the unibeast Thumb stick, nothing as changed.
- I've tried to change my config.plist, (in the same directory), nothing as change.
- I've tried to install HS with APFS, always this issue.
- I've tried to install "USBInjectAll.kext" and patch the usb port limit with clover, Same problem.

PS: I have tried to install with the stock Unibeast thumb stick, impossible to install, so in the EFI of my thumb stick, i have installed all of my necessary kext, edit my config.plis for my system, nothing have changed.

I'll post a reply on this thread of my progression at the end of the day. (in France it's 11:56 AM Right now)

Last edited:
Hi,

I find a solution, I re-install a clean Sierra and will update to HS, then I will try the dual boot solution and If this not work... Well I will press F12 at boot I guess

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back