Graphics
GTX-1060-6GB-Notebook
Hi, everyone.

My hardware descriptions are as follow,
CPU: Intel Core i5-8500 Coffe Lake
Graphics: UHD 630
MOBO: HP Zhan 86 Pro G2 MT Business PC
Chipset: H370

Because my bios is limited by default that I could not change the "dvmt pre-allocated" to 64MB. So I followed the instructions of this [tread](https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-framebuffer-patching-using-whatevergreen.256490/) and my UHD630 has been enabled.
What I added in .plist file are
Code:
Root:
    Devices:
        Properties:
            PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)
                AAPL,ig-platform-id Data  07009B3E
                framebuffer-patch-enable Data 01000000
                framebuffer-stolenmem Data 00003001
                framebuffer-fbmem Data 00009000
                framebuffer-unifiedmem Data 00000080
                framebuffer-con1-enable Data 01000000
                framebuffer-con1-type Data 00080000
                framebuffer-con2-enable Data 01000000
                framebuffer-con2-type Data ffffffff

(SMBIOS: iMac 14,1)

But I met a new problem when reboot, which is a black screen. Both VGA and HDMI ports have no video signal.
I am sure that the kext for UHD630 is loaded. Maybe the problem was the link between framebuffer and port might be wrong, I guess.

Am I right about this? May I patch the AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext in Clover or not? If true, could anyone tell me or give me a link of how to patch this. I could not find any guide of patching this due to my poor English and terrible searching skills.

Thank you for taking your time reading this. Thank you for any pieces of advice.

Update..

Because that if I patch the frame buffer followed the guide above, I could not see anything when boot completed. So I attach my EFI here and a pic of boot logs.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4 MB · Views: 101
  • boot logs.jpeg
    boot logs.jpeg
    199.8 KB · Views: 204
And I am sorry for made a big mistake that if I have to patch, I need to patch AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext, not AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext.
BTW, should I install kexts (WhateverGreen.kext, Lilu.kext) in L/E or just leave them in CLOVER/kext/other ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back