Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H110M-H
CPU
i3-7100
Graphics
GTX 750
My specs are as in the sidebar. I'm currently using 18,1 (was using 18,2 before).
Everything works but I have no ripples on dashboard widgets (despite having translucent menu/dock).

My iGPU (HD630) is specified as 0x5912 as suggested by hackintool (that tells me I have QE/CI for my dGPU) and my dGPU shows correctly on system info;

Some user suggested to use 18,3 and others 14,2 instead

My specs are as in the sidebar. I'm currently using 18,1 (was using 18,2 before).
Everything works but I have no ripples on dashboard widgets (despite having translucent menu/dock).

My iGPU (HD630) is specified as 0x5912 as suggested by hackintool (that tells me I have QE/CI for my dGPU) and my dGPU shows correctly on system info;

Some user suggested to use 18,3 and others 14,2 instead
Hi there.

Which version of macOS are you using?

Hello! I'm using High Sierra. I wish I was on something newer, but apparently my dGPU won't allow me to go 10.14+

I would attempt to use iMac 18,2 as it's the closest fit. Those used AMD Radeon graphics but it should still work if you use the Nvidia Web drivers to support the GTX 750. Apple only used i5's and i7's but your i3-7100 is from the same generation.

1,82 was the one before 18,1 and everything was pretty much the same. Apparently my dGPU isn't QE/CI despite the fact it says so perhaps?

Apparently my dGPU isn't QE/CI despite the fact it says so perhaps?
Are you using High Sierra with the correct web drivers installed ?

Yeap, the correct (and latest) based on the High Sierra I have installed, but thanks, valid point!

I'm quoting a more in depth description of what/how I have this setup I've posted here.

For some reason Hackintool tells me I have QE/CI/VDA enabled, my menubar/dock is translucent, but my widgets show no ripple effect and some apps do crash when I try to enable window transparency in options, so I guess something is off.

I have used Hackintool to generate the config.plist patch with the correct platform ID for my CPU (Kaby Lake i3-7100 = 0x59120000) and the tool shows no empty framebuffers" (0 connectors), but by HD 630 still doesn't show on system info dialog under graphics card. I was under the impression this should be the case only for headless.

I'm using 2 displays, both connected to my dGPU, HighSierra (correctly selected on Hackintool before patch), DVMT is set to 192/MAX, initial display set to dGPU.

I have no patchs, Lilu/Whatevergreen installed on /L/E/, Nvidia webdriver installed for the correct OSX version, Clover basically have "Inject system ID", "NvidiaWeb" and Devices>Properties with the specs for the iGPU. Am using SMBIOS 18,1. About this mac shows the correct dGPU info.

ioReg shows me IGPU as hda-gfx "onboard-1" and GFX0@0 as "onboard-2", both with correct model names. But on Clover, I have set the ig-platform-id and another setting under it with the key hda-gfx as "onboard-2" for the IGPU, so apparently Whatevergreen is renaming things on the fly and I'm not sure where to go from here as everything seems to be working except for the app crashes and no ripples on dashboard.

Post a copy of your CLOVER folder so we can see what you are currently using.

Confirm the version of High Sierra you are running, either by showing a screenshot from About this Mac or from the System Information > Software report, examples of both shown below:

Screenshot 2021-04-15 at 19.11.46.png

Click on the Version 10.12.6 in your 'About this Mac' screen to display the definitive version number, highlighted in red above and below. This changes even when the main version number remains the same, it changes with each update Apple issue.

Screenshot 2021-04-15 at 19.13.41.png

Blank out any information you don't wish to show, such as your systems Serial Number, Username etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back