Motherboard
ASRock Z490 ITX/AC
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi everyone! This is going to be the first computer/Hackintosh that I will be building, so I just wanted to get feedback from the Hackintosh community.

I have already visited and read up on all the compatible components from this site, and this is what I've come up with.

However, while I was trying to congregate my build, I noticed that case fans, fans controllers, thermal compound, and ups system were not covered (or compatible parts were not listed on TonyMac), so I'm a bit confused on what to purchase, if I even need them at all. Will I need a cooler? An air cooler or a liquid cooler?

The case that I want to use is the Bit Fenix Micro ATX, Mini-ITX Motherboard Case so it will be on the smaller side.

My network adapter will be this item by Fenvi for Continuity and Handoff support. We have a router with multiple devices connected to it, so I'm not sure if I am able to directly connect to it through Ethernet(?) cable and the components I need to do that.

My intended use for this Hackintosh would be for dual booting between
Sierra (Photoshop, Illustrator, Light Room [large files] and coding)​

and

Windows 10 (gaming on max/near max settings [preferred games to play are League of Legends, Overwatch, and PUBG], illustration, and using other miscellaneous programs not available on Sierra)​

Can you please advice me if and where I can improve on my build, and if there are better (cheaper) options that won't sacrifice a lot of the performance I need to handle my tasks?

Thank you for taking some of your time to leave a bit of feedback! :angel:

Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Crucial 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory
Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Seagate FireCuda 1TB 2.5" 5400RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB G1 Gaming Video Card
EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply
Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit
Asus MX239H 23.0" 1920x1080 Monitor
Qisan Magicforce Wired Mini Keyboard​

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you get it to work? I would be interested in this configuration. With a i7 this would probably be the fastest Hacki for 3D rendering.

Did you get it to work? I would be interested in this configuration. With a i7 this would probably be the fastest Hacki for 3D rendering.
The OPs ATX motherboard would not fit in a mATX case. That may have set them back a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back